Official 1200mAh Slim Battery

Discussion in 'PSP - Games & Content' started by Shyn, Jun 26, 2008.

1. Shyn
    OP

Shyn GBAtemp Regular

Sep 10, 2006
    United States
    Sacramento, CA
    Well, after some abuse with converting->unconverting->reconverting (etc etc) one of my official 1200mAh slim batteries, it has finally kicked the bucket. Won't boot as a regular battery anymore, so now I need another. Anyone know where I can find an official one for a fairly decent price? I know Amazon has the legit ones, but for $40 new, I'd like to take a look around first.

2. IBNobody

IBNobody I try to keep myself amused.

Nov 16, 2006
    United States
    Texas, Hang 'Em High
    Why not buy the extended 2200mAh batteries? They come with slim doors. Or do you have a white PSP?

3. Shyn
    OP

Shyn GBAtemp Regular

Sep 10, 2006
    United States
    Sacramento, CA
    I already have one of them. I wanted another 1200mAh to pandorize, but I still wanted to be able to use it as a normal battery as well.

4. solange82200

solange82200 GBAtemp Fan

Jan 29, 2008
    United States
    Miami, FL
    Quick question: How does the cover and extended battery look on the slim? Does it stick out a lot?

5. IBNobody

IBNobody I try to keep myself amused.

Nov 16, 2006
    United States
    Texas, Hang 'Em High
    It sticks out, but it makes gripping the PSP easier.

6. Shyn
    OP

Shyn GBAtemp Regular

Sep 10, 2006
    United States
    Sacramento, CA
    Well, I guess I don't need to buy a battery now, I somehow managed to fix my broken one, and now will be softmodded instead of hardmodded.

7. CorruptJon

CorruptJon :)

May 14, 2006
    United States
    California
    If you don't mind waiting, you should order a pandora from DX and just use that for installing CFW. Just so you don't have to keep modding your expensive original Sony batteries.

8. Shyn
    OP

Shyn GBAtemp Regular

Sep 10, 2006
    United States
    Sacramento, CA
    You haven't been paying attention to this board much huh? ;D

I've already modded about 15 or so PSP's including my own, but I like to have access to my Pandora battery, but don't want a permanent one. I have a lot of friends and coworkers now getting PSP's solely because I can mod them for them. I'd rather not waste money on something that will lose its use after some time. Modding a normal battery means I have a spare regular battery for trips and such.