Odd Problem with FireRed

Discussion in 'GBA - Emulation' started by perpetualskeptic, Jun 30, 2009.

Jun 30, 2009
  1. perpetualskeptic
    OP

Newcomer perpetualskeptic Advanced Member

United States
    Hi, I've been Playing FireRed, and I want to do some of the stuff with the mystic/aurora tickets, but I live in China now, so it's a bit difficult to order cheat devices or get to a Pokemon Event. I've been trying to rip my .sav file (using GBA Backup) and using it in an emulator, to cheat locations or items. When I upload the .sav file back to the cart, it always shows the latest save as corrupt and goes back to where I was before. I've tried VBA (for mac) and No$gmb (emulated in windows). They both give me corrupted save files.

Any suggestions?

2. nolzzst4

Newcomer nolzzst4 Newbie

United States
    hmmmm i had that problem too. its quite frustrating. when you say cheats are you referring to gamesharking or using cheats?

3. perpetualskeptic
    OP

United States
    I tried action replay and codebreaker with mac and windows emulators. You think it could be a gba bios problem? (now sure how it could be, or what that would mean)

4. Psyfira

Member Psyfira Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue

United Kingdom
    From VBA, are you just copying the .sav file straight out of the directory, or using the File>Export>Battery File option?

Also I assume the emulators are saving properly in game though the game's main menu and not just as savestates? (I know Fire Red requires some persuasion to get it to save properly on emulators but I assume you've got it working already or picked up a pre-patched version).

5. perpetualskeptic
    OP

United States
    I was just copying it out of the directory, will try the battery file option. All saves are working fine in the emulator, haven't used save states at all, although, if you know how to convert to a g6 lite save state, from a vba one, I could try that.

Thanks!