Odd JenesisDS problem

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by Slyde1052, Jul 21, 2008.

Jul 21, 2008

Odd JenesisDS problem by Slyde1052 at 6:00 AM (1,776 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. Slyde1052
    OP

Newcomer Slyde1052 Advanced Member

United States
    So Jenesis DS has been able to run everything I want, but while playing, the emulator pauses and unpaused as though the touch screen is being rapidly activated. It sometimes pauses for up to 8 seconds)

This is definitely a recent problem as I could play the emulator for hours before and the problem never appeared.

I thought it was JDS .7.4, but I downgraded back to .7 and the problem persists even there.

I have a DSTT with the v1.14 loader if that makes any difference.

No other game has a problem with the touch screen , nor do any of the other emulators present on my card, so I'm pretty sure my touch screen is not malfunctioning. Just in case it was a small location on the touch screen that was causing the problem, I loaded a game that uses a tap anywhere on the screen for text progression (in this case TWEWY), and let it sit there for about 5 minutes with no problem. Then I loaded JDS again and it happened some more.

It seems to be moody, sometimes I can play for about an hour before it manifests, other times it starts the moment I run the game.

I already brought this up to the emu's author, but he doesn't know what would cause this, citing the fact that almost every DS card handles its system differently, and he doesn't have a DSTT to test this on.

So any help would be appreciated.

2. Rayder

Former Staff Rayder Mostly lurking lately....

United States
    It does this on my R4 also. I thought maybe I was just having touchscreen problems and never said anything though.

While I have no clue what to do about it, I'm glad I'm not the only one having this problem. Probably is a touchscreen problem.....though I don't have issues with any other game or emu.

3. ViRGE

Member ViRGE GBAtemp Fan

For what it's worth, my R4 has no such problem.

4. test84

Member test84 GBAtemp's last ninja 2.

Iran
    Maybe its your screen protector.

5. halljames

Member halljames GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Sorry to resurect an old topic, but I am having the same pause and unpause problem.

It was working fine, all that has changed is that I have migrated all my data from an 8GB MicroSD card to a 16GB MicroSD card.

Could it be that the 16GB is too slow for the emulator or something.

6. Skyline969

Member Skyline969 MENUdo Afficionado

Canada
    Halljames, are you running it on a DSTT as well? If so, it could just be an issue with DSTT users.

7. Slyde1052
    OP

Newcomer Slyde1052 Advanced Member

United States
    Old thread is ooooooold.

My problem turned out to be the screen protectors I forgot I installed.

Maybe James is having another Screen issue like I was.

8. halljames

Member halljames GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    I am running it on a SupercardDSOne

I do not have a screen protector, but I have noticed something very strange. It doesnt always happen. Sometimes when I load it, it works fine, and other times, it doesnt. I can't seem to find a pattern in it.