Hacking Odd Issue

RedFire128

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My PC won't recognize my SD Card. It's a Sandisk 2GB (Wii Brand). This problem began RIGHT after I started using the delete function in the HBC to delete apps. I know the card isn't dead though because the Wii can still read it. Any suggestions ?

Mantis41

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When you say "doesn't read" what is the exact error? USB not initialising, card not formatted message, blank - no files visible in file manager, can view files but nothing else.

Are you using a USB adapter or SD slot?

apoptygma

Trophies
XP
Country
If you're worried about losing the data you could use a Wii file explorer homebrew like http://code.google.com/p/wiixplorer/ and copy the files to maybe a USB or something? then do a format on the SD in the PC. I'd recommend using a 3rd party SD formatter like the samsung one, it imporved compatibility for me a lot over using windows own formating dialog. Then of course you'd have to put all the junk you had on there back again using the wii. Certainly sounds like the card corrupted somewhere there. Might have a bad block or two in the FAT. Were you using the HBC or Homebrew browser to delete the apps?

PsyBlade

Snake Charmer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Normaly the fat fs uses two file allocation tables (fats) as a protection measure.
The wii fat libary uses only the first one afaik.
So both copys start to differ and this might cause your problem.
I dont know how to fix this in windows but *nix fsck.vfat will fix it.
Runing some fsck like tool would be a good idea anyway.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    I @ idonthave: :)