Odd issue through Pasta CFW (games have disappeared)

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by duffmmann, Aug 24, 2015.

1. duffmmann
    OP

duffmmann GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 11, 2009
    United States
    So this is weird, I'm not entirely sure why this happened, but after I installed a few more .cia titles onto my N3DS XL 9.0 with pasta CFW (these latest titles were newly released Game Gear injects and one Genesis inject of Sonic 3 Complete), which worked fine just as it always has. I have many games installed onto my 3DS, and today when I launched Ninjhax and then PastaCFW, an error popped up. Now I've gotten an error a few times in the past when launching Pasta, not many, but it has happened before. All I typically had to do was restart the 3DS and run Pasta via Ninjhax again and all would be golden. And sure enough it worked as it was supposed to, but when I looked through my games, random titles had disappeared. The titles seem random, Yoshi's New Island, Animal Crossing New Leaf, some random NES injects, and other 3DS titles have all disappeared. While many other titles I've installed are still there as if nothing is wrong. Confused, I tried turning off the 3DS, ejecting the micro sd card, and turning it back on, but the games remain missing.

Has anyone run into this kind of error before? If so were you able to do some sort of fix to get your games back, or did you just have to reinstall the titles again? I mean worst case scenario where I have to reinstall the games, isn't terrible, but it really would be great if I don't have to go through that hassle again, some of the games that disappeared I'm not even sure what they were, I just see some blank spaces between games, so I know some of them are missing.

2. XeR ッ

XeR ッ Not sure if i still wanna be here.

Aug 6, 2015
    France
    SECREEEEEEET
    It happend to me before , i formated my SD Card + emuNAND but i don't know if there is a fix to this. :mellow:

3. duffmmann
    OP

duffmmann GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 11, 2009
    United States
    How odd, I have no idea what caused this or why only certain games disappeared, and (thankfully) not all of them.

Edit: I figured out what the problem was, I had reached the 300 title limit, and so some games I had disappeared to make way for the latest additions. Fortunately I have a ton of NES injects to delete since the emulator has improved. As I delete the NES injects in the data management screen the missing 3DS games reappear on my 3DS. So, problem solved.

Last edited by duffmmann, Aug 24, 2015
    GRAnimated likes this.