Hacking Odd code in the banner?

Zantetsu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Recently I've been focusing on banner editing and I decided to make a banner for my favorite game but since it was already made (ssb), I decided I would just do the japanese version instead since it has some pretty cool differences.

As I was making it, everything went well but I had a few problems that I'm wondering if any of you would know what caused it.

Problem 1 : No start up sound but I know how to fix it so avoid this.
Problem 2 : Weird text in the banner. After it says "Super Smash Bros." it says some other crazy stuff too.
Problem 3 : An odd alert message in the banner that says "This game runs in 60hz (480I or 480P)" and I really want that removed :\

I've made a video of my channel so if you need to take a look at it, http://youtube.com/watch?v=iaYhjZT8Uq0

Thanks in advance
smile.gif

dsfgd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
to 2.:
something is wrong in banner.brlyt
make sure you have the correct Unicode text there, and make "00 00" after the last letter, this should fix this problem.

to 3.: it's normal, you use the PAL Channel of Sin&Punishment, and there is this message, because not all PAL Games has 480i or 480p and S&P has only 480i/480p.

Zantetsu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dsfgd said:
to 2.:
something is wrong in banner.brlyt
make sure you have the correct Unicode text there, and make "00 00" after the last letter, this should fix this problem.

to 3.: it's normal, you use the PAL Channel of Sin&Punishment, and there is this message, because not all PAL Games has 480i or 480p and S&P has only 480i/480p.

Alright this makes a lot of sense. Thanks a bunch!

Also, as a side question I might as well ask it here instead of making a new thread.

I saw that somewhere it was mentioned that you can test channels/wads from a disk before you put it on your wii to avoid it bricking? If that's true, where would the disk file be located and what would i have to do to load it, etc. etc.

jayparadox

Trophies
Website
pokemon-project.com
XP
Country
Spain
If you really want to delete that "480p" image, replace the TPL for an invisible one(alpha tranparency on all the image).

And for the disk, it's the one that I built some time ago for personal testing, but I decided to share with everyone
wink.gif
(Searching for a link to download it)
EDIT: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?wzmhwddmvhj

RadioShadow

Trophies
XP
Country
Zantetsu said:
Recently I've been focusing on banner editing and I decided to make a banner for my favorite game but since it was already made (ssb), I decided I would just do the japanese version instead since it has some pretty cool differences.

As I was making it, everything went well but I had a few problems that I'm wondering if any of you would know what caused it.

Problem 1 : No start up sound but I know how to fix it so avoid this.
Problem 2 : Weird text in the banner. After it says "Super Smash Bros." it says some other crazy stuff too.
Problem 3 : An odd alert message in the banner that says "This game runs in 60hz (480I or 480P)" and I really want that removed :\

I've made a video of my channel so if you need to take a look at it, http://youtube.com/watch?v=iaYhjZT8Uq0

Thanks in advance
smile.gif

I tried editing the Mario Picross SNES Pal banner to have the 60Hz warning come up. It kinda worked but the image was all fuzzy. I guess I didn't uncompress the banner.bin right.

But anyway, I advise you go to this topic:

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=912...t=0&start=0

Download the N64 00000000.app, and add the custom images to that file (see the above link topic to see how). The 60Hz warning should not appear.

Inside the custom N64 00000000.app you downloaded, replace the sound.bin with this sound.bin.

As for your last problem, I'm not sure what you want to appear below the title image. I wasn't aware Japanese text could be used on a US/PAL Wii. I'm guessing you just want the words 'Super Smash Bros Brawl' to appear. Well follow the below instructions below to fix that:

QUOTENow open banner.brlyt in a hex editor (you can find banner.brlyt in 00000000_app_out\Banner_bin_out\blyt) now you need to scroll through the file and edit the year, the players and the game name.

Make sure you put a 00 (hex) after the title name. That will prevent garbage appearing.

I hope that helped.

EDIT: My bad, I didn't know the custom N64 00000000.app had the PAL 60Hz option in. Lucky, I just figured how to remove it.
smile.gif

I'll post it in a moment.

Skater4599

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone know where the N64 emanual is? Im looking to remove it and replace it with the blank one and use the custom 00004.app to remove the operations button for it like i did the others, but the n64 one is in different location or something, has anyone found it yet?

RadioShadow

Trophies
XP
Country
The file has a different name but it is still located in 00000005.app. In Sin and Punishment, the emanual is called 'html'.arc.

EDIT: Okay, this is what I have just made.

DSC_0485.jpg

The sound has been fixed as well.

I'm still trying to figure out how to allow 'Players: 1- 4' instead of 'Players: 4' (due to space in the file). But this will do for now until I figure it out.

Download: 00000000.app

RadioShadow

Trophies
XP
Country
@Skater4599: Just rename the empty manual 'html.arc' and place it in the 00000005.app. Then use the modified 00000004.app.
smile.gif

Well I managed to get the information to appear correctly but the images are blurry.
frown.gif

DSC_0487.jpg

It's hard to see in the picture but the it says 'Players: 1-4'. Not sure why the images are becoming blurry.
frown.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte