Odd code in the banner?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Zantetsu, Jun 26, 2008.

Jun 26, 2008

Odd code in the banner? by Zantetsu at 7:18 AM (1,274 Views / 0 Likes) 10 replies

1. Zantetsu
    OP

Newcomer Zantetsu Advanced Member

United States
    Recently I've been focusing on banner editing and I decided to make a banner for my favorite game but since it was already made (ssb), I decided I would just do the japanese version instead since it has some pretty cool differences.

As I was making it, everything went well but I had a few problems that I'm wondering if any of you would know what caused it.

Problem 1 : No start up sound but I know how to fix it so avoid this.
    Problem 2 : Weird text in the banner. After it says "Super Smash Bros." it says some other crazy stuff too.
    Problem 3 : An odd alert message in the banner that says "This game runs in 60hz (480I or 480P)" and I really want that removed :\

I've made a video of my channel so if you need to take a look at it, http://youtube.com/watch?v=iaYhjZT8Uq0

Thanks in advance [​IMG]

2. samsam12

Banned samsam12 Test

United States
    the odd text is saying the title in japanese. the runs in 60hz (480I or P) i dont know what that is

3. dsfgd

Newcomer dsfgd Advanced Member

Germany
    to 2.:
    something is wrong in banner.brlyt
    make sure you have the correct Unicode text there, and make "00 00" after the last letter, this should fix this problem.

to 3.: it's normal, you use the PAL Channel of Sin&Punishment, and there is this message, because not all PAL Games has 480i or 480p and S&P has only 480i/480p.

4. Zantetsu
    OP

Newcomer Zantetsu Advanced Member

United States
    Alright this makes a lot of sense. Thanks a bunch!

Also, as a side question I might as well ask it here instead of making a new thread.

I saw that somewhere it was mentioned that you can test channels/wads from a disk before you put it on your wii to avoid it bricking? If that's true, where would the disk file be located and what would i have to do to load it, etc. etc.

5. jayparadox

Member jayparadox GBAtemp Fan

Spain
    If you really want to delete that "480p" image, replace the TPL for an invisible one(alpha tranparency on all the image).

And for the disk, it's the one that I built some time ago for personal testing, but I decided to share with everyone [​IMG] (Searching for a link to download it)
    EDIT: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?wzmhwddmvhj

6. RadioShadow

Member RadioShadow GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    Make sure you put a 00 (hex) after the title name. That will prevent garbage appearing.

I hope that helped.

EDIT: My bad, I didn't know the custom N64 00000000.app had the PAL 60Hz option in. Lucky, I just figured how to remove it. [​IMG]

I'll post it in a moment.

7. Skater4599

Member Skater4599 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Does anyone know where the N64 emanual is? Im looking to remove it and replace it with the blank one and use the custom 00004.app to remove the operations button for it like i did the others, but the n64 one is in different location or something, has anyone found it yet?

8. RadioShadow

United Kingdom
    The file has a different name but it is still located in 00000005.app. In Sin and Punishment, the emanual is called 'html'.arc.

EDIT: Okay, this is what I have just made.

[​IMG]

The sound has been fixed as well.

I'm still trying to figure out how to allow 'Players: 1- 4' instead of 'Players: 4' (due to space in the file). But this will do for now until I figure it out.

Download: 00000000.app

9. Skater4599

United States
    hey radio can i use the blank emanual.arc and rename it and still make n64 ones blank? and still use the 00004.app to remove the button?

10. RadioShadow

United Kingdom
    @Skater4599: Just rename the empty manual 'html.arc' and place it in the 00000005.app. Then use the modified 00000004.app. [​IMG]

Well I managed to get the information to appear correctly but the images are blurry. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

It's hard to see in the picture but the it says 'Players: 1-4'. Not sure why the images are becoming blurry. [​IMG]

11. Skater4599

United States
    cool thanks radio ill try it out [​IMG]