ROM Hack Discussion Octopath Traveler Save Editing

shinwg

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone know if this save editor work by it self like open on pc and editing than put my save bk I’m switch I don’t have Edizon

Amjad99

Trophies
XP
Country
Jordan
hello, does anyone know if the enemy weakness can be modified?
i have tried to use saveeditonline but the amount of data find called weakness is crazy
can i find a script to run those and complete them?
thanks

masagrator

The patches guy
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
hello, does anyone know if the enemy weakness can be modified?
i have tried to use saveeditonline but the amount of data find called weakness is crazy
can i find a script to run those and complete them?
thanks
Enemy weaknesses practically never are stored in saves...
They are stored either in assets, or in game executable.

Amjad99

Trophies
XP
Country
Jordan
Enemy weaknesses practically never are stored in saves...
They are stored either in assets, or in game executable.

maybe u missunderstood me :)
i mean that i want to have my save file modified to discover and study all enemy weakness without going actually through them legit
for the achievement that requires u to discover all of the enemies weakness
i am on gamepass version btw
i have even tried to edit the count for some of the items that i don't have going throug their ID numbers on this forum and it didnt work
i am not sure what exactly i have to do but i have tried using the editor provided on this site and using saveeditor online and nothing works

Amjad99

Trophies
XP
Country
Jordan
Update: More information on "struct EnemyInfoData".
So ive been playing around with a strategist save file and i've spotted some differences.
(im using 010 Editor and the PC port of the game)
From what i've tested is that some monster ID's spotted in "SaveEnemyData[x]" is the same as on the "Tamed monsters list".

What I mean by that is SaveEnemyData[1] is "Highland Ratkin 1" (if I wrote the name correctly).
What monster is exactly what still needs more testing, I realised they aren't the same because sentinels mk2 (id 343) doesn't have magic weakness-es in game, but the file says they do, so we need a new list of enemies.

From what ive tested "IsAnalyse" will always have value 0 (not sure about bosses, like i said more testing needed).

"WeaknessOpen" is where the fun begins.
It has 2 sets of 000000. The first part (from left to right) stores data from from the magic weakness. The second part stores data from weapons.

When changing the values, always change the values on the 4th set of 0's (the one next to ",b"). Al thought I haven't tested deleting ",b" I advise leaving it be.
If you change the final value of weapon to "00010101,b"
on "Highland Ratkin 1" (SaveEnemyData[1]), you will reveal the weakness-es sword, dagger and bow.
What we can see from the file is that there is a pattern with weakness-es. The current pattern of weakness-es is sword, dagger, bow.

While the value in magic for ratkin I is "00010000,b" which stand for light in game.
Due note that I am only changing the final part in the numbers so the value for magic would be "00000000 00000000 00000000 00010000,b".

I would upload the strategist file but its not supported :/ .
Here is a filebin link:
filebin ca/5KucAr61MtAe/SaveData9 sav
Just replace " " with a "."

If anyone has a file with the "eagle eyed" achievement (all hidden items founds) or "Collector" (Obtain all items), I would much appreciate it for testing purposes.

i have used ur save file for the Strategist achievement and it worked like charm, thanks alot
i have managed to use a save editor to edit my items and followed a spreadsheet online to make sure i have all items but sadly the achievement didnt unlock for some reason! not sure what i have to do, checking my inventory within the game shows all items
did u manage to acquire a save file that has a completed item list?

JellyLover1215

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
for the achievement that requires u to discover all of the enemies weakness
i am on gamepass version btw
i have even tried to edit the count for some of the items that i don't have going throug their ID numbers on this forum and it didnt work
i am not sure what exactly i have to do but i have tried using the editor provided on this site and using saveeditor online and nothing works

Would you mind if i ask a question? how could you find save file on game pass version? i tried finding it but can't find it...

Tools1308

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So I literally only want to get rid of the RNG while stealing. One way I thought of is looking for address of the Level value and edit it to 99 whenever I am in a town and as soon as everything is stolen put it back to what it was before. Can anyone tell me if that would be possible, if so how or if there are others ways to prevent me from having to savescum over and over again?

TokyoBlues

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
i have used ur save file for the Strategist achievement and it worked like charm, thanks alot
i have managed to use a save editor to edit my items and followed a spreadsheet online to make sure i have all items but sadly the achievement didnt unlock for some reason! not sure what i have to do, checking my inventory within the game shows all items
did u manage to acquire a save file that has a completed item list?

hi @Tools1308 can you upload the savefile for the Strategist achievement?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Would you mind if i ask a question? how could you find save file on game pass version? i tried finding it but can't find it...
You can find it under
%USERPROFILES%\AppData\Local\Packages\39EA002F.FrigateMS_n746a19ndrrjg\SystemAppData\wgs

grdj

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I didn't get strategist achievement after backtracking to analyze all available enemies, so I did a little investigating what the harder to find and missable enemies indexes are in the EnemyInfoData struct.

As mentioned elsewhere, these indexes don't always line up with H'aanits tamed monsters inedexes but the list provided in this thread was of great help to narrow down my search.

After finding the correct IDs I edited the revealed weaknesses with the ones I was missing and obtained the achievement, I just saved the modified file and reopened it in Octopath.

Here are the relevant index numbers I bothered checking for those interested:
  • Hevenwing 260
  • Giant Scorpion 77
  • Dreadwolf 125
  • Gigantes 194
  • Lord of the sands 83
  • Manymaws 341
  • Monarch 344
  • Tyrannodrake 289
  • Sea Birdian IV 208
  • Meep 156
  • Deep One 223
  • Carnivorous Plant 50
  • Cactus Roller 74
  • Buccaneer 228

IFailAtTetris

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I noticed that Herb-of-grace Potion is absent from this table. It is different from the Herb-of-grace (the latter is the plant and is a Valuable, the former is the potion that cures Petrification brewed from said plant and is a consumable item). I discovered that the missing item's ID is 137.

SUDALV

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
I have added TreasureState indicators to turtle-insect's save editor (github)/SUDALV92/OctopathTraveler-TreasureChests- [i can't post links] its have only 2 names for locations, but it was helpful for me because i lost 2 chests. So i've found a location in array where data is: 1111011111 so this is most likely location with 9 chests and i've missed one. I've checked locations with 9 chests and BINGO! I've foun a chest in Murkwood. So at least this is better than nothing.

SUDALV

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
I didn't get strategist achievement after backtracking to analyze all available enemies, so I did a little investigating what the harder to find and missable enemies indexes are in the EnemyInfoData struct.

As mentioned elsewhere, these indexes don't always line up with H'aanits tamed monsters inedexes but the list provided in this thread was of great help to narrow down my search.

After finding the correct IDs I edited the revealed weaknesses with the ones I was missing and obtained the achievement, I just saved the modified file and reopened it in Octopath.

Here are the relevant index numbers I bothered checking for those interested:
  • Hevenwing 260
  • Giant Scorpion 77
  • Dreadwolf 125
  • Gigantes 194
  • Lord of the sands 83
  • Manymaws 341
  • Monarch 344
  • Tyrannodrake 289
  • Sea Birdian IV 208
  • Meep 156
  • Deep One 223
  • Carnivorous Plant 50
  • Cactus Roller 74
  • Buccaneer 228
You have mistake here. Buccaneer I is 229. You can also check my fork of SaveEditor (see my prev post), I've added Enemy ID to EnemyWeakness tab. You can compare the ID's to the Tele3000's google doc table.

spotmule

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I'm trying to get collector achievement using strategist save found in this topic and it doesn't worked, tried to edit the file, leaving one item to buy and it didn't unlocked yet. Could anyone share a save file that can unlock collector achievement? (acquire every item)

Last edited by spotmule,

IFailAtTetris

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have used @SUDALV's fork of turtle-insect's Octopath save editor to identify the IDs of every enemy in the game, and have compiled them in a .txt file. This does not apply to NPCs you can Challenge/Provoke, with the exception of the Ancient One from H'aanit's Chapter 2 and Erhardt from Olberic's Chapter 3.

I hope this helps!

Attachments

• weakness.txt
    28 KB · Views: 105

spotmule

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I have used @SUDALV's fork of turtle-insect's Octopath save editor to identify the IDs of every enemy in the game, and have compiled them in a .txt file. This does not apply to NPCs you can Challenge/Provoke, with the exception of the Ancient One from H'aanit's Chapter 2 and Erhardt from Olberic's Chapter 3.

I hope this helps!
Thanks for sharing it, however, I just noticed that my request was wrong. I'm looking to get the collector achievement (acquire every item)
I was able to get the strategist with a save that has been shared here.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: A PS3 pkg i downloaded