ROM Hack Discussion Octopath Traveler Save Editing

IFailAtTetris

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks for sharing it, however, I just noticed that my request was wrong. I'm looking to get the collector achievement (acquire every item)
I was able to get the strategist with a save that has been shared here.
Good to hear! My previous post was separate from the Strategist achievement, however.

IFailAtTetris

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have just updated the weakness.txt file from two posts ago. Since Chapter 1 bosses scale according to the number of Travelers in your party, their IDs change accordingly. For example, Mikk and Makk's IDs are 503 and 507, respectively, if you fight them with three Travelers, but 502 and 506 if you fight them with two.

steffanb

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, new here. I didn't used Edizon or 010 Editor for my PC. I used the octopath traveler editor someone uploaded here. I tried it and it seems to work but I'm not sure if it will crash later on. Does some know? Thanks.

crusadermate

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Thanks for sharing it, however, I just noticed that my request was wrong. I'm looking to get the collector achievement (acquire every item)
Hey did u find a save file with the collectors achivment i have all side quest done/chest/hidden item/ im 501/501 still no achivment

crusadermate

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hey have u got a collectors achievement save i have every thing done in this file im working on. all quest/chest/weakness/hiddenitem. still no achivment im 501/501

spotmule

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hey have u got a collectors achievement save i have every thing done in this file im working on. all quest/chest/weakness/hiddenitem. still no achivment im 501/501
No, I've tried to edit a save but as someone said here, that the game would check somewhere else to unlock the cheevo.
If you find something let me know

Delright

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Can anyone help me ? I did a 100% run in octopath and got everything besides the strategist achievement even though i got every enemy and regular bosses with multiple sets of weaknesses. Smh the achievement just wont unlock. I checked my list 3 times and went through every area of the map 3 times. I made sure to get all the misseable ones like meep, cactus , buccanier and that bird, on top i even got the multiple different lizardmans and kings. My question is would anyone help me to edit my safe file or tell me what i am missing or if i am missing anything at all ? Or provide a 100% file with every weakness discovered ? I played on xb series x and managed to get my save on pc via cloud. Please can someone help. Or tell me how i can make it myself ? 🙏
Post automatically merged:

Update: More information on "struct EnemyInfoData".
So ive been playing around with a strategist save file and i've spotted some differences.
(im using 010 Editor and the PC port of the game)
From what i've tested is that some monster ID's spotted in "SaveEnemyData[x]" is the same as on the "Tamed monsters list".

What I mean by that is SaveEnemyData[1] is "Highland Ratkin 1" (if I wrote the name correctly).
What monster is exactly what still needs more testing, I realised they aren't the same because sentinels mk2 (id 343) doesn't have magic weakness-es in game, but the file says they do, so we need a new list of enemies.

From what ive tested "IsAnalyse" will always have value 0 (not sure about bosses, like i said more testing needed).

"WeaknessOpen" is where the fun begins.
It has 2 sets of 000000. The first part (from left to right) stores data from from the magic weakness. The second part stores data from weapons.

When changing the values, always change the values on the 4th set of 0's (the one next to ",b"). Al thought I haven't tested deleting ",b" I advise leaving it be.
If you change the final value of weapon to "00010101,b"
on "Highland Ratkin 1" (SaveEnemyData[1]), you will reveal the weakness-es sword, dagger and bow.
What we can see from the file is that there is a pattern with weakness-es. The current pattern of weakness-es is sword, dagger, bow.

While the value in magic for ratkin I is "00010000,b" which stand for light in game.
Due note that I am only changing the final part in the numbers so the value for magic would be "00000000 00000000 00000000 00010000,b".

I would upload the strategist file but its not supported :/ .
Here is a filebin link:
filebin ca/5KucAr61MtAe/SaveData9 sav
Just replace " " with a "."

If anyone has a file with the "eagle eyed" achievement (all hidden items founds) or "Collector" (Obtain all items), I would much appreciate it for testing purposes.
How do i use it in my game though ? I put the save into the folder but the game deletes it automatically

Last edited by Delright,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Proxy sites, not very effective.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    if ur on a Chromebook and cant change jack about the laptop that's what I gotta use
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    One of the sites that weren't blocked on the school's network was some file uploading sites. I would upload some games, write down the URL and take it to school one day.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I did it when the teachers werent looking ofc. I even managed to take in a USB stick that wasn't allowed.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    my school has a chrome extension called light speed filter agent and it legit blocks YouTube pfps since the file cdn(I think aka yt3.ggpht.com) is classed as mature
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    mhm
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    they have other stuff like goguardian too
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Ours mainly relied on the router, I believe.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    our school network and chrome policies block stuff too
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    alot of yt to mp3 sites are blocked by light speed for "Security"
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was easy to bypass some of the restrictions, as one of the admins left a registry key in the administrative shares drive, which allowed me to get around the blocking of some sites.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    tf does tta mean
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    yeah this is chrome os
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    cant do shit
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Wdym 'TTA'?
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    that* as in why yt to mp3 sites are blocked for security
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Remember when YouTubetoMP3 was a thing back in the 2010s?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Until YT updated some stuffs and broke the website.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    I was 2 in 2010
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Oh lol
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    This was in the Minecraft-era.
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: a