Gaming Octopath Traveler "Million sold" art teases the return of Bravely Default

Nerdtendo

Your friendly neighborhood idiot
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm a huge fan of Bravely Default and ever since I finished the first two games, I've been hoping for a third. Last year, Square Enix teased an appearance of the Bravely games on Switch with an image of Edea Lee getting a Switch for Christmas
Bravely-Default-Twitter_12-24-17.jpg
Now this could've simply been a tease and nothing more. However, the recent art to celebrate 1,000,000 downloads of Octopath Traveler has revealed another tease on their artwork. The formation of the characters mirrors the pose of Airy the fairy seen in artwork for Bravely Default.
Screenshot_20180803-085657.png
This is obviously not a coincidence as both the Bravely games and Octopath Traveler we're developed by Silicon Studios under Square Enix. Of course, this could just be Silicon Studio paying homage to their older brain child, but it's fun to speculate.

So what's your take? Are we seeing teases of Bravely on the Switch or is this just a tease and nothing more? Will we ever see Bravely again? Personally, I hope so.

EDIT: Almost forgot to credit GameXplain for the news. They themselves got the info from various people who realized it.

EDIT 2: Looks like I was right http://www.siliconera.com/2018/08/06/square-enix-teasing-a-new-bravely-game-on-twitter/

Last edited by Nerdtendo,
Reactions: Xzi and CallmeBerto

AkitoUF

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
I think the art has absolutely nothing to do with BD and people are just too crazy about it since both games have similar art and one piece of official art featured a BD cameo. You're thinking too hard about fun shenanigans only.
It's on the same level to those who swear to god we're going to have MMX9 just because we had a collection.

Ritsuki

ORAORAORAORA
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
It could be a coincidence, an easter egg, or anything else. But the pose thing is clearly confusing... Plus they really liked putting things like that in Bravely Default (the start screen was pretty much a big spoiler if you knew how to look at it)

ByteBite

Trophies
XP
Country
Seychelles
This is obviously not a coincidence as both the Bravely games and Octopath Traveler we're developed by Silicon Studios under Square Enix. Of course, this could just be Silicon Studio paying homage to their older brain child, but it's fun to speculate.
Octopath Traveler was developed by Acquire (Akiba's Trip, Way of the Samurai and many other things). Silicon Studio didn't touch this game save for a single character artist.

wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
And yet Square Enix doesn't believe in Turn based rpg, because they turned FFVII remake into an Action game.
At this point I'd rather say "were going to turn" - it makes such painfully little progress that I doubt we'll ever see this released, and frankly, I don't even care anymore. They're majorly fucking it up by turning it into an episodic action game. Setting, characters and storyline may be the same, but it won't be the kind of role playing game I loved so much 20 years ago.

Last edited by wurstpistole,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs