Octopath Traveler gets rating for a PC version in Korea

91ZWS8cdKPL.jpg

Second to only the Australian Ratings Board in terms of leaking major news, the Game Rating and Administration Committee of Korea has listed a new and interesting potential PC port. The currently Nintendo Switch exclusive JRPG, Octopath Traveler, has appeared on the country's ratings board, with the listing specifying it being for a PC version. Bandai Namco is noted as being the publisher, rather than Square Enix, which is a common occurrence in Korea. While this is not a guarantee that the game will make its way to the PC platform, previous ratings wound up revealing Sunset Overdrive's PC port and the Nintendo Switch version of Fortnite prior to any official announcement.

:arrow: Source

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Somewhat enjoyable game, but I don't see many benefits in a PC version. The aesthetic of this one won't benefit much from a resolution bump, and it's not as though keyboard and mouse will be superior to gamepads here, either.

Edit: I suppose mods would be nice, but I doubt they'll be officially supported.

Last edited by Xzi,

GuyInDogSuit

Your friendly neighborhood guy in a dog suit.
Trophies
Website
www.sniffglueworshipsatan.com
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by GuyInDogSuit,

GuyInDogSuit

Your friendly neighborhood guy in a dog suit.
Trophies
Website
www.sniffglueworshipsatan.com
XP
Country
United States
This is the kind of conversations I wake up to? Why are people talking about mods? :wtf:

I'm not familiar with modding Unreal Engine games, but I think a plethora of options are possible here. Either way, would be nice to see what coders can do.

D4X

Ultra 64
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Awesome news, it's a great game! I still haven't finished my Switch copy but I'm glad it'll now be open to more players. Before I got a Switch I was hoping for a PC release.

Reactions: Impossible_Igntiz

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Somewhat enjoyable game, but I don't see many benefits in a PC version. The aesthetic of this one won't benefit much from a resolution bump, and it's not as though keyboard and mouse will be superior to gamepads here, either.

Edit: I suppose mods would be nice, but I doubt they'll be officially supported.
A much broader audience is a great benefit. As well as the Switch is doing, it's not the most profitable system out there... And we'll probably see it on PS4 at this rate, as well.

Vorde

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Great, a big bust mod is exactly what this game needed. :-)
I love that this is the first comment on the whole thread, thanks for the big laugh this morning :P
Having this game on PC is great, one more thing to not have installed on my Switch. I welcome more games coming to PC with open arms

GamerzHell9137

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina

How so? I thought the game was full of 3D effects with 2D art? The game would look real sharp and clean in 4K vs 720p Switch.

Reactions: x65943

Nerdtendo

Your friendly neighborhood idiot
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How so? I thought the game was full of 3D effects with 2D art? The game would look real sharp and clean in 4K vs 720p Switch.
The way the lighting is (I think it's called bloom) is really heavy and blurs out any "sharpness" there is. Even upscaled there wouldn't be much difference. I can't even differentiate between docked and handheld

Reactions: Deleted User

masagrator

The patches guy
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
The way the lighting is (I think it's called bloom) is really heavy and blurs out any "sharpness" there is. Even upscaled there wouldn't be much difference. I can't even differentiate between docked and handheld
If these effects have constant value, then in higher resolution it will be more crisp. Something like in Valkyria Chronicles, where if higher resolution, then edge effects were more subtle.

Reactions: OkazakiTheOtaku

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol