October Nintendo Direct Mini reveals No More Heroes Switch ports, new Story of Seasons game, & more

Nintendo has been enjoying quietly dropping new videos as of late, with another surprise Nintendo Direct Mini making waves today. The Partner Showcase revealed numerous new release dates and game titles, ranging from Story of Seasons, to Bravely Default II. Major announcements include Control: Ultimate Edition, which has just launched on the Nintendo Switch, as a cloud version, and Hitman 3 which will also be playable through the cloud as well. Ubisoft’s Immortals: Fenyx Rising has locked in a launch of December 3rd, while Square Enix’s Bravely Default II faces a slight delay into 2021, with a new release date of February 26th.

The news continues with the announcement of Story of Seasons: Pioneers of Olive Town, which brings an all new farming adventure to the console on March 26th. The No More Heroes series saw the major reveal of not just a new release window for the third entry, but also the existence of Nintendo Switch ports of No More Heroes 1 and 2, which were originally available on the Nintendo Wii. Kirby developers HAL Laboratory have a new game to show off called Part Time UFO, which is already on the eShop. Arriving today on the eShop alongside it is a demo for Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity, which you can grab right now, to experience part of the game ahead of its November 20th official launch.

And of course, you can’t forget the latest Bakugan game, which was previously teased and announced by Wayforward in a previous Direct. Bakugan: Champions of Vestroia launches November 6th for the Nintendo Switch.

• Control Ultimate Edition – Cloud Version: Winner of more than 80 awards, Control is a visually stunning third-person action-adventure that will keep players on the edge of their seat. Blending open-ended environments with the signature world-building and storytelling of developer Remedy Entertainment, Control presents an expansive and intensely gratifying gameplay experience. The cloud version* of Control is available in Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch now.
  • Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity: Before Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity launches for Nintendo Switch on 20th November, fans will be able to try out a free demo for the game, available in Nintendo eShop now. The action-packed story is set in Hyrule 100 years before the events of Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild. The demo will let players experience the fast-paced action and dramatic cutscenes, which shed light on the events that led to the Great Calamity. During the Nintendo Direct Mini: Partner Showcase, it was revealed that the massive, screen-filling Divine Beasts will also be playable in the game. Using the over-the-top powers of the Divine Beasts will surely help players find victory when used in their respective stages.
  • Immortals Fenyx Rising: The fate of the world is at stake. Play as Fenyx, a new winged demigod, on a quest to save the Greek gods and their home from a dark curse. Take on mythological beasts, master the legendary powers of the gods and defeat Typhon, the deadliest Titan in Greek mythology, in an epic fight for the ages. Immortals Fenyx Rising launches for Nintendo Switch on 3rd December.
  • BRAVELY DEFAULT II: Brought together by fate, four heroes will embark on a great voyage in the beautiful and engaging RPG BRAVELY DEFAULT IIfrom SQUARE ENIX, the creators of the FINAL FANTASY series. In the series’ new adventure, players will set off on an epic journey, visiting stunning locations, meeting intriguing characters and battling dastardly villains. By defeating enemies called Asterisk bearers, the heroes will acquire Asterisks, which allow them to change jobs. By using the right combination of jobs, players can turn the tide of battle in their favour. Some of the jobs that can be acquired include the powerful Vanguard, the White Mage, the Bard, the Beastmaster and the Gambler, among many others. After a demo version of the game went live in March, the developers collected player feedback on things like difficulty and controls to improve the overall game experience. A video addressing the helpful fan feedback will be posted on the BRAVELY DEFAULT II website and on the Nintendo UK YouTube channel later today. BRAVELY DEFAULT II launches exclusively for Nintendo Switch on 26th February 2021.
  • STORY OF SEASONS: Pioneers of Olive Town:Cultivate a farm from the ground up! Chop down trees! Discover flora and fauna! Raise animals! Experience all of this and more as part of STORY OF SEASONS: Pioneers of Olive Town, the newest game in the original family simulation series, coming to Nintendo Switch on 26th March 2021. Will players sow fields and grow a cornucopia of colourful crops? Or construct a massive ranch with lots of animal pens? How players choose to live their farm life is completely up to them.
  • No More Heroes III: Experience the latest exploits of legendary assassin, Travis Touchdown, in No More Heroes III. In this game, players are put in the middle of the action, as the fight between assassins becomes a battle on a galactic scale. Destroy aliens in this garden of madness when No More Heroes IIIlaunches exclusively for Nintendo Switch in 2021. If players haven’t experienced the series’ prequels, no problem! The first two No More Heroes games, No More Heroes and No More Heroes 2: Desperate Struggle which originally launched for the Wii console, are out now on Nintendo eShop for Nintendo Switch!
  • HITMAN 3 – CLOUD VERSION: HITMAN 3 is the first time the HITMAN series has been on Nintendo Switch. The game represents the dramatic conclusion to the World of Assassination trilogy, taking players around the world on a globetrotting adventure to sprawling sandbox locations. Agent 47 returns as a ruthless professional for the most important contracts of his entire career. The cloud version* of HITMAN 3 is coming to Nintendo Switch.
  • Part Time UFO: From HAL Laboratory, the developers of the Kirby series, comes Part Time UFO, a colourful game in which players take on the role of an adorable (and helpful!) UFO. From dishing up sweets, to fishing, and building a castle, the little UFO will perform all sorts of part-time jobs. Players can clear stages by carrying the required object, but more rewards will be earned by completing three specific challenges per stage. By passing a Joy-Con controller to a friend or family member, two people can perform jobs together! Part Time UFO is available now from the Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch.
  • Surviving the Aftermath: Survive and thrive in a post-apocalyptic future – resources are scarce but opportunity calls. Players can build the ultimate disaster-proof colony, protect their colonists and restore civilization to a devastated world. Remember: The end of the world is just the beginning. The Nintendo Switch version of Surviving the Aftermath launches in spring 2021.
  • Tropico 6 Nintendo Switch Edition: El Presidente is back! In Tropico 6 Nintendo Switch Edition, players have the fate of their island in their hands. Build and rule an island nation on large archipelagos, take care of subjects’ needs and send agents to steal world monuments. Tropico 6 Nintendo Switch Edition lands on Nintendo Switch on 6th November. Pre-orders for the game begin later today.
  • Bakugan: Champions of Vestroia: Fierce strategy plus epic action equals Bakugan! It’s up to players to build the best team and duke it out in high-energy battles. Become the ultimate champion in Bakugan: Champions of Vestroia, launching exclusively for Nintendo Switch on 6th November.
  • Griftlands: Nintendo Switch Edition: Sharp negotiating skills are a must when playing Griftlands,a deck-building roguelite game. Every decision matters in each playthrough, whether it’s the jobs players take, the friends they make or the cards they collect. Explore the gritty sci-fi world of Griftlandswhen it launches on Nintendo Switch in summer 2021

Silent_Gunner

Crazy Cool Cyclops
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wonder how the cloud games will be like.

It depends on the quality of the server, where it's located, and a whole bunch of other things. For example, I heard the Switch port of RE7 is terrible...if you don't live in Japan, as the game is streamed from the a server in the country, and they don't have the infrastructure for that over here or in Europe, as it turns out.

Think of it working kind of like that Shadow PC Game streaming service, if I'm remembering their name right.

Frexxos

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
No more Heroes could be fun. Never tried this games.

But boy some games look so bad! At Tropico I though my Video Quality dropped to 240p.
And other games too.... or some games like story of seasons are stuttering.

Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

Silent_Gunner

Crazy Cool Cyclops
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fuck these cloud ports. Just stop. Jesus... It requires a solid connection to whatever cheap ass server they use.

I agree.

If a company can't port the current game to the Switch, why not port older games? I know there's 5 other Hitman games before they took a drink of the Chronologically Confused variety and rebooted it with these new games. Like, imagine if Bandai-Namco ported Soul Calibur II HD Online to Switch, and it came with Link in addition to Heihachi and Spawn? It'd be the most complete version of the game!

I think people would be fine with ports of previous versions of games to their system, because why else would Capcom make a version of SF2 HD REMIX with two additional characters and then port the Anniversary collection over?

While I'm impressed with the port of MK11 being able to run at all on the Switch, I think a game running MK more smoothly like MK9 and/or MKX would've been better. If they couldn't renew the licenses for the guests on that one (more of a problem for MKX than MK9), then just release it without them, or make the NPC's in MKX playable to replace them.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Cloud gaming is such a cop out. I hope cloud gaming as a concept dies an ignominious death.
It's so frustrating. PSO2 did the same damn thing but they released a full port for the Vita? THE FUCKING VITA. The RE7 cloud port was a joke. There's no reason. Either give us the game or don't. No cloud based ports that you will never own in any regard.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's so frustrating. PSO2 did the same damn thing but they released a full port for the Vita? THE FUCKING VITA. The RE7 cloud port was a joke. There's no reason. Either give us the game or don't. No cloud based ports that you will never own in any regard.

It's bullshit decisions like that which make me never feel bad for pirating their games.

Pipistrele

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Cloud gaming is such a cop out. I hope cloud gaming as a concept dies an ignominious death.
There's nothing wrong with cloud gaming by itself - it reduces hardware expenses, is truly multiplatform (you can buy one game and play it on anything without interruptions), and offers unprecedented portability without compromises as far as AAA goes. The technology and infrastructure isn't up to the task yet, but once we get to faster mobile internet and better ISP offerings (latter is mostly US-specific problem), cloud gaming will solidify itself at the very least.

..although Switch is still a piss-poor device for cloud gaming, so I dunno what they were thinking with these ports, lol.

Last edited by Pipistrele,

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's nothing wrong with cloud gaming by itself - it reduces hardware expenses, is truly multiplatform (you can buy one game and play it on anything without interruptions), and offers unprecedented portability as far as AAA gaming goes. The technology and infrastructure isn't up to the task yet, but once we get to faster mobile internet and better ISP offerings (latter is mostly US-specific problem), cloud gaming will solidify itself at the very least.

..although Switch is still a piss-poor device for cloud gaming, so I dunno what they were thinking with these ports, lol.

Like I said, it's just lazy. Not everyone has access to fast internet in the US, the infrastructure sucks

Pipistrele

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Like I said, it's just lazy. Not everyone has access to fast internet in the US, the infrastructure sucks
That's why it's not up to par yet, and stuff needs to improve a bit before blowing up. Besides, it's mostly a US problem, and US isn't the only place in the world - in fact, cloud gaming sounds like a killer option for places like Eastern Europe and South Asia, where hardware is expensive as heck, but internet is good and cheap.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's why it's not up to par yet, and stuff needs to improve a bit before blowing up. Besides, it's mostly a US problem, and US isn't the only place in the world - in fact, cloud gaming sounds like a killer option for places like Eastern Europe and South Asia, where hardware is expensive as heck, but internet is good and cheap.

Gee, it sounds like a match made in heaven /s

Reactions: Silent_Gunner

Silent_Gunner

Crazy Cool Cyclops
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gee, it sounds like a match made in heaven /s

And just think, if Putin were to ever expand his nation to include dominating the Eastern European countries, he totally wouldn't control what games people would be allowed to play on said streaming services, if people would be allowed to have Internet at all in the first place. It's not like he invaded the Ukraine or anything...oh wait...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fuck ubisoft, and fuck activision
    +1
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    Nintendo needs to release a new console, switch is getting such shitty little games lately lol it's pathetic
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    Lmao a new flashcart... The Unlock Switch... I knew it's not fake xD
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    A new consoles won't solve that problem
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    It will actually make it worse
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    well actually
    a new console won't do anything right now, because the games are still in development, that's why there are few games being released
    it won't make the games finish any faster
  • Veho @ Veho:
    2/3rds of launch titles for the Switch 2 will just be lazy ports of Switch games anyway.
    probably
    maybe mario kart 9 will be a launch title
    i really want a new mario kart
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What, you mean the endless stream of DLCs doesn't count?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Why develop a new game when you can just sell season passes forever?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm still on MKDS so I'm not bothered :tpi:
    i like the dlc tbh, i'd like a new game more
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    but the current version is still selling fine at full price
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hello
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sup
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @realtimesave, You seen the Unlock Switch flashcart yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll see the 19.0 update that blocks use ability to it
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol newegg+
    Screenshot-20240423-053504-Gmail.jpg
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    does update 19 really block it
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Update 19 never came out yet. Just the 18.1.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Update 19 never came out yet. Just the 18.1.