Hacking October 23rd Wii Fix by ‘a_running_pir8’.

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted User

Why, didn't I recommend you to downgrade first??

Preloader is simple really.

Put the preloader boot.dol into a folder, put that folder into the apps folder in the root of your sd card.

Then, fetch a good hacks.ini from Softmii.com. Or make one using m-tek's hacks.ini creator here (Search).

Put that hacks.ini into the root of your SD Card.

Launch Preloader, put in Home,A,Right,Down,Left,Up,Minus,Plus (HARDLUMP).

It would reboot your wii. Go to settings and:

set autoboot ->Sysmenu.
return to -> System Menu (Or wii menu)

Go to System hacks, enable everything except Force Disc Region and Disc Area Check.

I would make a guide soon, but not now
tongue.gif

timishu

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
afif95 said:
Why, didn't I recommend you to downgrade first??

Preloader is simple really.

Put the preloader boot.dol into a folder, put that folder into the apps folder in the root of your sd card.

Then, fetch a good hacks.ini from Softmii.com. Or make one using m-tek's hacks.ini creator here (Search).

Put that hacks.ini into the root of your SD Card.

Launch Preloader, put in Home,A,Right,Down,Left,Up,Minus,Plus (HARDLUMP).

It would reboot your wii. Go to settings and:

set autoboot ->Sysmenu.
return to -> System Menu (Or wii menu)

Go to System hacks, enable everything except Force Disc Region and Disc Area Check.

I would make a guide soon, but not now
tongue.gif

OK, one more annoyance and let me say right now thank you for the help. Scene technically I have the 3.2X IOS installed, won't Starfall work? I looked at WiiBrew.org and it apparently it does. http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Homebrew_apps/Starfall

D

Deleted User

No, you have to downgrade.

Since what it patches is the main.dol which is held in the System Menu, not the IOS.

So downgrade, and Starfall/Preloader
tongue.gif

Chizad

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Someone please help!

I applied the Twilight Hack when I had v.3.4 and got Homebrew Channel to work fine. Wad Installer would not work, so I followed this tutorial. Works fine now...on a 2GB SD card.

Everything I have read says that in the latest version of Homebrew (as of around October 27th) now supports SDHC cards of any size, so I went out and bought a 16 GB card.

Now when I run Homebrew, my 16GB card is not recognized (although the 2GB still can be read). What gives? Is it because of the steps I followed in this tutorial? Am I no longer on the latest version of Homebrew? On the exit screen in Homebrew, I can see the following specs (although I'm not really sure what the mean).

IOS36 v.12.18

How can I get back to 3.4 so that I can load SDHC? Can I run WAD Manager on 3.4?

Please help! This has gotten me quite frustrated...

D

Deleted User

Some SDHC cards are not supported. Unfortunately, yours are one of them.

Also, Homebrew is HBC. It is by far not related to the Wii's Firmware.

3.4 is a bad firmware.

1.0.1 is the latest HBC firmware

Chizad

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
afif95 said:
Some SDHC cards are not supported. Unfortunately, yours are one of them.

Also, Homebrew is HBC. It is by far not related to the Wii's Firmware.

3.4 is a bad firmware.

1.0.1 is the latest HBC firmware
You have got to be kidding...
hate2.gif

Good complete waste of $35...I have no other purposes for an SD card.

Is there at least a list of what SD cards DO work out there somewhere?

D

Deleted User

There's a SDHC compatibility here somewhere. It's a wiki page.

Chizad

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I updated the wiki to include my failure.

I'm putting my trust in that thing and will be buying a Transcend.

If it doesn't work this time, I will probably punch a puppy or something.

Dylaan

Trophies
XP
Country
Is there a reason why the guide warns against installing the Wii Shop Channel but gets you to install IOS51 anyway? This is a 3.3v2 Wii and the shopping channel currently asks for an update. All the other steps in the "Wii Fix Guide" have been followed.

HanlonHouse91

Trophies
XP
Country
I have a friend who has a PAL wii with version 3.4 who wanted to install wads.

I instructed him using this guide and everything was working up till step 4 as it won't allow him to install the cios_fix giving a 2011 error

My question is, what is causing the problem and can it be fixed?

If it cannot be fixed, then how can I revert the wii back to the way it was

Thanks for any help

D

Deleted User

>__>

If you searched, you would find the answer.

Try WAD Manager IOS 16, if fails, try the normal WAD Manager

AndyFML

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I think I need some help after trying to get Gamma Backup Loader to work on my Wii. I didn't use the instructions listed in OP, but I'd like to get it working and am willing to follow them.

- I installed homebrew successfully using the Twilight Hack.

- Then I backdated the software to 3.2U successfully.

- Then I installed cIOS36 Rev7 as per this tutorial. http://www.instructables.com/id/S9RV0FWFN4H8OED/

- I installed DVDx as per this same tutorial . http://www.instructables.com/id/SM9L87LFN4H8OKC/

- I installed Backup Loader 0.3

I tried playing a friend's game backup, which worked on his Wii. It loads the standard Wii intro screen and then loads the game into (call of duty 3) then after selecting to start a new mission, it just gets real choppy and stops. Then the disc cannot be read screen comes up, saying to check the instruction manual. The same disc works on my friends Wii.

Homebrew Apps work fine, like the NES and SNES emulators, the Quake channel, all fine, but playing back a game using backup loader starts to work but then fails.

If that's not enough, when I insert my Mario Kart disc (non-backup) it says I have to update to play.

So, what I want to know is, what's the easiest way to get backups to work? If I update now, what precautions should I take? Just remove the SD card? Should I uninstall cIOS?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

=================EDIT====================

I got the updates from MarioKart which didn't seem to do anything as 3.2U was still installed.

I uninstalled cIOS 249 using anytitledeleter. Formatted my SD card. With homebrew still installed, got new files from here. http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/735325

Followed the "Installing WiiGator Backup Launcher 0.3 gamma" and my backups work fine. Be sure to use Verbatim DVD-R.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: @BakerMan can one play cod from hen ps3?