Hacking ocarina site not accessible via usbloadergx?

drcrappants

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Using ocarina in gx when clicking game then hitting settings. No cheats found, so I click download. Then it gives me error: http site could not be downloaded. gecko site does seem to be up in a pc browser though

Any ideas? All games are like this, but many years ago this worked.

drcrappants

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's protected by anti-DDoS and homebrew doesn't follow HTTP redirects.
ok so it is impossible to get usbloadergx to download gct files from gecko?

is there another way to download them without using my pcbrowser (just via wii) and get usbloadergx to load them?

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Modmii can download cheat txt files for you in bulk, but it requires a pc. Any USB loader can then convert the text files into gct files

Essentially you download using your PC once, then u can pick and choose specific cheats over and over and make changes to enabled cheats without needing a pc again

Last edited by XFlak,

drcrappants

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Modmii can download cheat txt files for you in bulk, but it requires a pc. Any USB loader can then convert the text files into gct files

Essentially you download using your PC once, then u can pick and choose specific cheats over and over and make changes to enabled cheats without needing a pc again
just downloaded ur modmii but not sure where i go afterwards to get the cheats? also, do i just copy n paste all the .txt files it makes (im aassuming it will) to my txtcodes folder and run ocarina in usbloadergx?

edit: i tried downloading CC but when i go to the copytosd folder, it is empty.

it says "cheat codes: missing"
"1 if 1 fukes are invalid, missoing or were not updated properly"

Last edited by drcrappants,

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
It's protected by anti-DDoS and homebrew doesn't follow HTTP redirects.
USBLoaderGX has "302 REDIRECT" support, but maybe the redirect is not done from the HTTP header but using a script? probably a reload script after setting the access cookie.

what could be done is a workaround and check if it's trying to load geckocodes website, then serves a specific cookie, or if dynamically generated store it and force a manual reload of the page using the generated cookie.
cookies are easy to add to homebrew, it should be a fun exercise to do to get back into coding. (when I'll have some free time)

cookie: challenge=BitMitigate
it's not using secure protocol, and the expiration is set to 1 hour.
It's easy to force that cookie name/value when detecting any download from geckocodes. It's not clean, but it should work. A clean method would be to read all cookies from all sites, and store them as session cookies until the loader exits.

Xflak : you probably have the same DDOS problem. I'm not sure the cookie is enough, it's just a supposition until someone tries.

Last edited by Cyan,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: iH