Ocarina of Time PC port Ship of Harkinian details new features including 60FPS mode

Released back on March 22, the Ocarina of Time PC port "Ship of Harkinian" has received a major update. Presented as a Ship of Harkinian Direct, a new video released by the team details new features available on the port framed by dubbed scenes of the infamous Zelda CD-i games. These are some of the new features included in the newest build, "Roy Alfa," released yesterday alongside the new Direct.
  • Save editor​
  • Save states​
  • Collision viewer​
  • Cheat menu (some of the cheats seen include a moon jump, climb everything cheat, and cheats for infinite health, money and ammo)​
  • Audio & visual enhancements similar to the 3DS version​
  • Enhancement to render dropped items in 3D​
  • Text speed slider, or an option to skip text​
  • 60FPS mode​
Several community-created mods were also showcased, including one that allows arrows to be retrieved from the ground after being shot, a bomb slingshot, and a modified Deku Stick that acts the same as the Fairy Sword from Majora's Mask. More community-created mods can be found in the modding-showcase channel on their Discord server.

Finally, we get a look at two upcoming features. One is the slew of accessibility features targeted at impaired gamers to help them experience the game. Second is the work being done by Render96, well-known for adding HD models to the PC port of Super Mario 64 back in 2020, who are now working on Ship of Harkinian. According to an announcement posted on their Discord channel, the Ship of Harkinian and Render96 teams are "working closely together to ensure this feature becomes a reality soon." Several HD models from Ocarina of Time are shown off in the video, or you can look at the @OcarinaRemake Twitter account, who are collaborating with Render96 on the project, to get an idea of the designs they will be using.

The official download for Ship of Harkinian can be found on their Discord server. If you want to try out an older version of Ship of Harkinian on the Wii U, you can do so here.

T00nist8

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Man, that was a great video, and been playing this today and 60 fps really makes it a whole new experience! Can’t wait to see Render98 come out (also analogue camera controls are in the works too I think) and change this game into a complete remake!

Last edited by T00nist8,

James_

aka Underscore_, or 'that Meowstic guy'
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
it won't save them nintenDMCA are ruthless

COUNTDOWN TO DMCA!
lmao okay

Screenshot 2022-05-15 111049.png

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One of the devs on discord is going to start banning anyone who even hints on where to get the rom to prevent a takedown. I don't know if nintendo can do anything, since it's original code, and you have to provide the rom yourself.

Brawl345

Trophies
Website
wiidatabase.de
XP
Country
Germany
Discord is honestly the best place to host things Nintendo might want to C&D.
Discord is also bound to DMCA. Why do these projects not use plattforms outside of the USA or IPFS, I don't know. Discord is also very trigger happy when it comes to deleting "servers" (guilds).
Do files vanish when the server is deleted though?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was utterly confused by which rom/iso I needed to use so I gave up.

I'm going to wait until the US Gamecube iso that I have the physical copy of can be used, because I don't need to go on the internet to download it.
you can find it pretty easily, just look for pal master quest rom, and check the hash with hash tab. I don't think the iso will ever be usable. all it needs from the rom is the assets afaik.

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Such a stupid name for OCARINA OF TIME. Why are they even giving it another name, when the Zelda game itself already has a name? Does this not annoy anybody else? 🤔
It's the name of the porting project. There's another project with another name that's also getting OOT running ported from the same reverse engineered code. Just calling it Ocarina of Time would be pretty ambiguous and also probably summon trademark trouble from our buddies at Nintendo, and calling it "OOT PC port" or something would be a bit generic and, again, ambiguous when there can be more than one such.

Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's the name of the porting project. There's another project with another name that's also getting OOT running ported from the same reverse engineered code. Just calling it Ocarina of Time would be pretty ambiguous and also probably summon trademark trouble from our buddies at Nintendo, and calling it "OOT PC port" or something would be a bit generic and, again, ambiguous when there can be more than one such.
yeah, it's called either ooot or oot lite, something like that. I think they changed the name once again. I compiled it for windows using visual studio a while back. that's always been the one I've talked about. it had a bizarre dead zone problem where your character would start spinning around like you were moving the camera while he was idle. not sure if that was ever fixed.

• Haha
Reactions: hippy dave

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
btw, here that is. I think oot-lite was the linux version that never saw the light of day. I was testing stuff for that dev, but he got pissed off at the discord channel and took everything down. :( not sure if this is the same blawar from temp or not:

https://github.com/blawar/ooot
Yeah same bigot, sounds like his usual emotional reactions to everything. I'm pretty sure that wasn't the other project I'm talking about tho, so you've got at least two others to choose from that aren't run by human garbage.

Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah same bigot, sounds like his usual emotional reactions to everything. I'm pretty sure that wasn't the other project I'm talking about tho, so you've got at least two others to choose from that aren't run by human garbage.
yeah, someone told me to stay far away from blawar. I think it was on here when I mentioned being on that oot's discord channel (still am in fact). think he got arrested for something or something like that not that long ago.

Reactions: hippy dave

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    We knew you were going to Sonic to get lunch.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Sonics fast I would've been home in 10 mins
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Meet and greet with AncientBoi then?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That would've gone slow he's old
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sadly the person in question feels too young for his own good
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    We don't question people
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    me neither, i just bash them
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    We just question @AncientBoi
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.