Ocarina of Time Online PART 2 - Friday Game Night

oot online banner.jpg
Welcome one and all... er, again! Yes, this game night involves finishing that cursed run from last week, but with the improvement of a quality of life patch. Yes, this is our stunning conclusion of Ocarina of Time Online, a modded version of the titular classic which allows for all manner of smelly individuals to pile into a shared game of Ocarina of Time and rub all up against one another, and the such, all of which will be streamed for anyone to watch.

For those joining us for the first time, we'll be using a similar process to play Ocarina of Time online as last time, which was detailed in the previous post HERE.

This will all be streamed on our Twitch channel, and anyone who joins, either in-game or just by chatting on our channel, will receive a slick +35xp on the site. Just make sure to type the command "!xp" followed by your GBAtemp username into the Twitch chat so you can register for the xp. So, for example, I would type something along the lines of !xp MeteorSucksMightyButts, which would register me, Meteor, for xp.

All of the steps detailed in the previous post are still valid, however, we'll be making one change in the form of using a "Better Ocarina of Time" patch, which does things like auto-skip cutscenes and put the iron/hover boots on the d-pad, among other things. To do this, download the BOoT 29B999B-comp.bps patch, and put it in the directory "OotModLoader_1.1.4_BETA_Client_win64\mods". When you boot up the modloader itself, make sure to select this mod using the drop-down menu at the bottom under "Game Settings".

If you joined us last time, you'll want to copy your save data and rename it so that it works with the new mod. To do this, go to the directory "OotModLoader_1.1.4_BETA_Client_win64\Saves\Meteor's Moist Pit" and find the file called "Legend of Zelda, The - Ocarina of Time (USA).SaveRAM". Make a copy of it, and rename it exactly to "BOoT 29B999B-comp.bps.SaveRAM".

If you didn't join us for the first half, WORRY NOT! If you enter our lobby, which shall again be called "Meteor's Moist Pit" with the password "GBAtemp", the game should auto-sync your items and progress to match our own. To make sure that goes as smoothly as possible, I recommend putting your v1.0 OoT rom in big endian format, which means a file with the extension .z64. If you need a tool to convert your .n64 file to .z64, use Tool64.

This will all start at 5pm Central Time, with a countdown clock below.

:arrow:GBAtemp's Twitch Channel
:arrow:Countdown Clock

Last edited by Meteor7,

DSoryu

GBA/NDS Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
"Sockarina of Thyme"

Yes, I only came here to see what the countdown name was this time lol.

I want to participate this time, but there's this thing called extra hours at work that always ruins my plans :(.

Reactions: Meteor7

Meteor7

Guess where this thumb goes.
OP
Trophies
a fit of spasms and accidental black magic
XP
Country
United States
"Sockarina of Thyme"

Yes, I only came here to see what the countdown name was this time lol.

I want to participate this time, but there's this thing called extra hours at work that always ruins my plans :(.
Ah, that's too bad. We should be going for quite a while, so you might be able to hop in at the end, if you like.

Reactions: DSoryu

FoxMcloud5655

GBATemp Developer
Trophies
Website
foxmcloud.net
XP
Country
United States
Yay! Glad we are doing this again. Got held up last time and never did get to join. I have it as a reminder in my calendar to make sure I have an excuse to come and play this time.

As for future hostings, I'd love to have "free" ones like this again where it's much more open-house than locked behind a Nintend-wall. Keep up the great work!

Meteor7

Guess where this thumb goes.
OP
Trophies
a fit of spasms and accidental black magic
XP
Country
United States
The same time? This sucks meteor balls. :(
Why thank you for noticing, good sir.
But I did want to make it the same time, so the same people from the first half would likely be around to finish their run. Any time we do this in the future, though, the schedule will definitely be more flexible.

Jiehfeng

The One
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Sri Lanka
Why thank you for noticing, good sir.
But I did want to make it the same time, so the same people from the first half would likely be around to finish their run. Any time we do this in the future, though, the schedule will definitely be more flexible.

I say we pause the sun when it's day in every country.

x65943

i can be your sega dreamcast or sega nightmarecast
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
About to board the ghost ship in the Shadow Temple, so that one still.
And the Spirit Temple hadn't been touched yet.
The first half of this post had me thinking you were talking about windwaker or phantom hourglass

AceX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
No problem, just incase it never registered or something. At one point in the stream you could see me say !xp AceX in chat iirc, I was #7.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Wish I could use that for video editing lol