L_o_N_e_R

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Slyakin said:
Huh. I thought that the game would have progressed graphically. It just looks like a bad PSP game.

I guess if it's what Nostalgists want...

well it does look better than the n64 graphics no?

i looked at the pics... why does young link look so chubby?... well at least his hands

look at the pic with him getting the kokiri sword

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
L_o_N_e_R said:
Slyakin said:
Huh. I thought that the game would have progressed graphically. It just looks like a bad PSP game.

I guess if it's what Nostalgists want...

i looked at the pics... why does young link look so chubby?... well at least his hands

look at the pic with him getting the kokiri sword
Oh yeah, I guess I worded my post wrong. I meant that I thought that it would have progressed MORE then this.

And those chubby hands... OH GOD

L_o_N_e_R

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Slyakin said:
-snip-
Oh yeah, I guess I worded my post wrong. I meant that I thought that it would have progressed MORE then this.

yeah true, it could have been better.. i mean imagine this game in HD graphics
ohmy.gif

although if they are making the graphics better it would have taken longer
that or the 3DS cant handle it... i really dont know how powerful the graphics capability is

im interested in what the extra content is gonna be besides master quest( thats not really extra.. lol)
i just hope they put a way to beat the running man... i hated that guy >_>

i would understand why link would be chubby as a kid(for the most part some of us were chubby when we were young, myself included), but that pic kinda overdoes it

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
L_o_N_e_R said:
Slyakin said:
-snip-

yeah true, it could have been better.. i mean imagine this game in HD graphics
ohmy.gif

although if they are making the graphics better it would have taken longer
that or the 3DS cant handle it... i really dont know how powerful the graphics capability is

im interested in what the extra content is gonna be besides master quest( thats not really extra.. lol)
i just hope they put a way to beat the running man... i hated that guy >_>

i would understand why link would be chubby as a kid(for the most part some of us were chubby when we were young, myself included), but that pic kinda overdoes it
The 3DS can handle it, that's why I really don't understand a game of this popular stature being taken so graphically light.

ShadowFyre

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well i'm guessing the developers still need some time to break in the 3DS before they can really crank out its full potential. but hell, i don't think most of us wanna wait that long...

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ShadowFyre said:
Well i'm guessing the developers still need some time to break in the 3DS before they can really crank out its full potential. but hell, i don't think most of us wanna wait that long...
The developer is Nintendo. They've had the 3DS longer then anyone else, I'd assume. :/

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ShadowFyre said:
star-fox-64-3d-20100929011832539_640w.jpg

I know this comes out after OoT, but come on, there's no excuse.

Ikki

GBATemp's grumpy panda.
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Slyakin said:
ShadowFyre said:
The developer is Nintendo. They've had the 3DS longer then anyone else, I'd assume. :/
The developer is Grezzo.

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ikki said:
Slyakin said:
ShadowFyre said:
The developer is Grezzo.
Oh.

But... Is Nintendo doing ANYTHING with this? I... Whaaaaat? How did Nintendo let one of their most important prospects get in the hands of someone I haven't even heard of?!

Ikki

GBATemp's grumpy panda.
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Slyakin said:
Ikki said:
Slyakin said:
ShadowFyre said:
The developer is Grezzo.
Oh.

But... Is Nintendo doing ANYTHING with this? I... Whaaaaat? How did Nintendo let one of their most important prospects get in the hands of someone I haven't even heard of?!
I wonder the same thing :/
The founder of Grezzo is Koichi Ishii, the mind behind the Mana series so, they probably have faith in them.
And I guess since it's not as an actual development as it is a graphic upgrade, Ninty thought it was okay.

I guess Nintendo will only take care of the publishing.

Jannet

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I hope we can have the new game more quick ,
I Just can't wait . But The new game means more money,
what's worse , this month's "wage" from mom is already over ,
how poor am i.
Hah, i have found a way to save money, that is to buy a 3D flashcard.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ikki said:
I wonder the same thing :/
The founder of Grezzo is Koichi Ishii, the mind behind the Mana series so, they probably have faith in them.
And I guess since it's not as an actual development as it is a graphic upgrade, Ninty thought it was okay.

I guess Nintendo will only take care of the publishing.

Well, I'm thinking it's like this.

Perfect Dark was made by Rare (obviously). However, the XBLA version was developed by 4J Studios (who also did Banjo Kazooie and Banjo Tooie for XBLA). The game still uses the original Rare engine, they just made it online friendly, upped the graphics a bit, and added older Goldeneye maps and weapons (considering the Perfect Dark engine was simply a modified Goldeneye engine, that's not a huge leap). Nintendo probably did the same thing. The graphics, while better, are not a huge leap honestly, and that's probably because it uses the original engine. Grezzo is just upping the graphics a bit and maybe adding something else (well, mainly another quick inventory slot). I'm guessing this is really just an enhanced port more than it is a remake. Not that that's a bad thing, it'll help you keep in mind that the gameplay won't be fucked from the original.

unseen4ce

Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
QUOTELooks ok. I mean.. graphics wise I wasnt expecting too good anyway.

They have redone all the textures for the 3DS, I am expecting it to look awesome, better than on 64 or my laptop. Obviosuly the 3D effect with new textures will really improve the graphics/presentation side of things. I pre-ordered and can't wait for June 1st. I get a free poster, which I will surely display above my bed in my room
wink.gif

jpxdude

Trophies
Website
www.geekpower.co.uk
XP
Country
unseen4ce said:
QUOTE said:
QUOTELooks ok. I mean.. graphics wise I wasnt expecting too good anyway.

They have redone all the textures for the 3DS, I am expecting it to look awesome, better than on 64 or my laptop. Obviosuly the 3D effect with new textures will really improve the graphics/presentation side of things. I pre-ordered and can't wait for June 1st. I get a free poster, which I will surely display above my bed in my room
wink.gif

I think it is unfair to judge from the current crop of screen shots. I played the demo in Feb, and in motion it is definitely outstanding, and looks amazing. Bear in mind that other than the graphical improvements, the game is running at a solid fast frame rate, unlike the N64 original.

Forstride

The rudder moves when I turn the wheel
Trophies
Website
forstride.stormbit.net
XP
Country
United States
Tanveer said:
jpxdude said:
Here is a tiny preview from Joystiq yesterday:

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/04/13/the-lege...ime-3d-preview/

They seem very impressed with it!
Looks ok. I mean.. graphics wise I wasnt expecting too good anyway.

OF COURSE IT WILL BE FUN
biggrin.gif
! I think I will play Master Quest on a emulator before it gets released lol.
Are you joking? The graphics look great!

The updated visuals and environments are the best of any remake I've ever seen. They're making a lot of the environments more lush now, like the forests, areas near water, etc.

I can't wait for this, as it's probably going to be the next 3DS game I purchase (Only have SSF4 at the moment).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: It's certainly better than the first but it's not awesome either.