1. KingVamp

KingVamp Haaah-hahahaha!

United States
    Is OOT 3D worth it? Should I forget about the master quest and play on the wii or try to find
    the gamecube version?

*Note I never played OOT.

Didn't get me wrong I want it,but the lack of money is speaking to me.

O~ righty then machomuu. [​IMG]

2. machomuu

machomuu Drops by occasionally

United States
    If you've never played OoT, definitely buy the 3D version. Though if you're short on money, buy the Wii version. Or if you're really short aon money, buy a used Gamecube version, though I recommend Wii or 3DS.

3. BORTZ

BORTZ The Amazing
    Supervisor

United States
    So i guess i have a problem with console games.
    But handhelds... i can play all day. I can finally play this game for the first time.

4. cosmiccow

cosmiccow Original Hippie

Gambia, The
    Me too, I kinda like to play long games (ARPGs, dungeon crawlers..) on handhelds more than on consoles. I just like to have it all in my palm with the tiny screen. Maybe weird, but I find that much more comfy. [​IMG]

I am not a Zelda fanboy, I only played some of Zelda on SNES, the two DS Zeldas and recently I started Twilight Princess on Wii to get in the mood for Ocarina of Time [​IMG]
    They are all not groundbreaking *ducks and covers with flame shield* but I really like them - also I haven't played OOT before, so this is a day one purchase for me.

Actually this, along with RE: Merceneries are the first 3DS games I am really looking forward to. I only have Pilotwings, Super Monkey Ball and will get Ghost Recon this week. And then it's time to preorder OOT, RE and later Kid Icarus [​IMG]

5. Ikki

Ikki GBATemp's grumpy panda.

Uruguay
    Some new schtuff was revealed by ZeldaDungeon.

There are now 30 frames per second, much better than the 15-24fps of the original N64 cartridge
    The blurry pre-rendered bitmap Castletown is now a rendered environment. With several new remodeled building exteriors, but still maintains the old camera angle.
    The water effects of Lake Hylia have been improved.
    The fishing pond has been changed with more textures adding a more rocky appearance and a waterfall has been added.
    The tree wall has been replaced by three dimensional trees.
    All 2D backgrounds have been replaced by rendered 3D backdrops with greater detail.
    When viewed from Hyrule Field, Death Mountain is no longer a 2D cardboard cutout but a 3D model.
    Temple of Time interior has been remodeled including a visible ceiling.
    The inventory is now kept on the touchscreen and items may be equipped by the X and Y buttons.
    The ocarina is now permanently placed in an area on the lower left corner of the touchscreen.
    Due to a lack of rumble feature the Stone of Agony now emits a sound instead of the old “rumble” of the N64 controller.
    In game text and music have not changed from the original.
    Master Quest is confirmed as a second quest that requires the player to complete the game first to unlock.[/p]

Most of this we already knew but I was wondering about the Stone of Agony, it's nice that they worked around it.

6. Gus122000

Gus122000 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Why would you do this ? I already played the first, I figured at least with master quest this game will be different the second time around.

7. Ikki

Uruguay
    Cheap replayability tactics.

8. awssk8er

awssk8er GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    I just realized that Nintendo isn't developing Ocarina of Time 3D... Grezzo is.

Since when did this happen?...

9. Ikki

Uruguay
    It was revealed a while ago.

Some webs say it's being developed by them, some say it's a co-development.

10. awssk8er

awssk8er GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    Either way it's obviously going to be good. We know the entire game, and we've seen plenty of gameplay.

This news just flew over my head. Not that it matters though.

11. Guild McCommunist

Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

United States
    I don't know if it's been posted already but I thought I'd save a news thread and post info on the new Boss Challenge mode.

Gamers will have a fancy new feature awaiting them in Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D - an all-fighting Boss Challenge mode.

The option allows players to face off against any boss they've met in the game's main quest either individually or all at once in a challenging continuous battle.

The mode is unlocked after reaching "a certain point" within the game, and is an "extra treat" for players seeking more value from a title many will have played through before. It has only been out 13 years, after all.

There are eight main bosses in the game, followed by a final showdown with (who'd have thought it?) series villain Ganondorf. He appears in both human and beast flavours.

What rewards will come for beating them all in sequence? A new tunic? A Tingle side quest? Nintendo isn't saying. But it really should be something good.

Also new is the addition of "bite-sized" guide videos which pop up in-game to aid players unfamiliar with Zelda's mechanics. It's a similar system to the Super Guide pointers provided in recent Mario titles.

Developed by Secret of Mana director Koichi Ishii's new studio Grezzo Games, Ocarina of Time 3DS also features the Master Quest "hard mode" option.

Hyrule's gates open to Europe once more on 17th June.
    [/p]

Source

12. Ikki

Uruguay
    I just read about that Boss Challenge thingy.
    It was something I really wanted in the original, I'm glad they're adding it.

13. Deanoaka

Deanoaka Member
    Newcomer

A nice little addition, let's hope its not the only new thing that they have included (apart from master quest etc)

14. Ikki

Uruguay
    Some new screenshots

[​IMG]

The Market looks great and "Codeveloped by GREZZO" looks way out of place. But I like what I see.

15. Ritsuki

Ritsuki ORAORAORAORA

Switzerland
    Can't wait for that game ! I think I'll even preorder it. The only annoying thing is that Master Quest isn't available in the beginning [​IMG]

16. Windaga

Windaga GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    ^I was going to say the same thing. It looks like a fangroup placed text on the image :s

The market looks sooooo much better than it did in the n64 version. I can't wait to see what it's going to look like after the Master Sword is pulled.

17. Deanoaka

Deanoaka Member
    Newcomer

Oh wow. That market looks great! Great detail on the temple of time, hyrule castle and death mountain!

In regards to that GREZZO placemark, it looks WAY out of place but it won't make too difference... unless the 3D makes it smash up into my face [​IMG]

18. GeekyGuy

OP GeekyGuy Professional loafer
    Former Staff

United States
    Yeah, that's gorgeous!

As an aside, people really need to research who Grezzo are before making any assumptions about what it might mean to the quality of this OoT reprise. The company's founder is responsible for many great games and gameplay creations.

19. Ikki

Uruguay
    I know there are a lot of people bashing Grezzo but I'm pretty sure we're all referring to the little text that takes half of the title screen* [​IMG]

*obvious exaggeration there

20. Deanoaka

Deanoaka Member
    Newcomer

How about some European boxart?

[​IMG]

So excited now! Put down a pre-order at Amazon, £29 at the moment but I have a 20% voucher to use so i've got it for under £24!

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Ocarina, thread,