1. Ikki

Ikki GBATemp's grumpy panda.

Uruguay
    They got to try it for a while, they weren't given a copy.
    So they really wouldn't know if there was more content, they just said what they got to experience.

2. 10_0ARMY

10_0ARMY THE *Original* 1 Man Army

United States
    I can't wait for this game. All I have atm is SSF4, but when is the game suppose to be in stores?

edit: I read the first post XD

3. GeekyGuy

OP GeekyGuy Professional loafer
    Former Staff

United States
    Wait, what? You're comparing the leap from NES to an HD console to N64 vs. 3DS? I'm no developer, but the comparison seems pretty unfair to me.

Anyway, I personally think people should approach this game in the spirit it's intended. Nintendo obviously isn't trying to pass it off as a complete remake. Heck, the title doesn't even suggest it's been touched up at all, aside from adding 3D. The bottom line is, this is likely going to be the very best way newcomers can experience the game for the first time and longtime fans can relive one of their favorite games. That's all it is, really. If there was ever a game deserving of a reprise, OoT definitely fits the bill, in my opinion.

4. 10_0ARMY

10_0ARMY THE *Original* 1 Man Army

United States
    I want this game because its OoT in portable form, plus its a full 3d zelda on a portable. I've only ever completed OoT once and that was on the gamecube anniversary disc with all of the old zeldas before Wind Waker.

Im gunna get it for nostalga plus I want something that will offer an equivalent to a console game. (with the ds I felt that a lot of its games weren't keeping me playin as long as console games do).

5. hatredg0d

hatredg0d GBAtemp Regular

United States
    so, im pretty sure this will be the day i buy a 3ds!

6. unseen4ce

unseen4ce GBAtemp Regular

You know, now I think about it; I want something more than a poster for the pre-order. I got a nice metal/ gold coloured chest with link on the front with Phantom Hourglass; came in very handy for stashing precious items. This time I would like an hourglass, with link or link's sword on it. A poster is cheap and useless.

7. ThriLL

ThriLL Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    +1. They never intended to have a full remake of the game, I think of it as a more of an update. While I appreciate Nintendo for going this route, I do somewhat hope they actually do a full remake of OoT from the ground up. It's been re-released in the last two consoles, but I definitely wouldn't mind seeing it in HD for the next console. [​IMG]

8. Donald Serrot

Donald Serrot GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I honestly don't think I'd care too much for a full remake of the game. It's considered the greatest game of all time for a reason. Updating the graphics and making minor tweaks to the classic is about as far as anyone should ever go with this. It's like a naturally beautiful woman, you don't want to mess too much with something already near perfect. [​IMG]

I am looking forward to the first time really that Master Quest is commercially available though. I haven't gotten to try that yet.

9. ThriLL

ThriLL Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States

Pretty much what I meant. I mean can you imagine OoT looking like TP, in HD? [​IMG]

10. Nebz

Nebz The N00b

United States
  11. Ikki

Uruguay
  12. Goli

Goli RPG

Cote d'Ivoire
    Are they all really old?
    I'd never seen this one for instance:
    http://imgur.com/vzADS.jpg
    Either way, all the old versions of the concept art can be found in many places, but not in this quality [​IMG].

13. Nebz

Nebz The N00b

United States
    Besides that one and the one with Sheik and Link, I've seen the others... But it's still nice to see them in this quality.
    It's really ticking me off that I can't download the second pack no matter how long I try [​IMG]

EDIT: Nevermind. For some reason my download manager seemed to have gotten it just fine. the wider images will make nice backgrounds for my 360 and/or comp [​IMG]

14. Ikki

Uruguay
    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5CjhmQq64c[/youtube]

I think it shows the leftie control scheme.

But wtf + targeting?

Anyway, I still think it looks great and so fucking smooth.

Edit: It's not the leftie control scheme.

15. loserkidsblink18

loserkidsblink18 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Anybody else excited for what this means for the Zelda series on the 3DS?

I've wanted this since the DS days.. don't get me wrong, Spirit Tracks and Phantom Hourglass were fun and all, but there was always something to be desired.

In terms of brand new 3D Zelda games in the style of Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask (the golden age, if you ask me [​IMG] ) .. a dream come true.

Also.. combined with the wireless capabilities, wifi, streetpass functions and two screens of the 3DS.. 3D Four Swords anybody?

16. zjam

zjam Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    i loved hourglass, it was one of my favorite ds games ever made. such great use of the whole system. it's the reason i'm on the hype train. spirt tracks disappointed me, i'm looking for redemption.

17. VmprHntrD

VmprHntrD GBAtemp Addict

United States
    I'm into this because of Master Quest, wanting to redo the original which I haven't since the N64, and specifically because it's NOT using the forced broken stylus controls of the DS titles which I never want to look at again. Companies need to learn not to force shit like that on people, give choice.

18. Zerosuit connor

Zerosuit connor Baby I'm Back ♥

I got the remakes off the wii shop channel, 30 bucks for both OOT and MM. Sucks they weren't properly remastered though.

19. Mesiskope

Mesiskope Banned
    Banned

United States
    Im definitely going to finish master quest this time.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Ocarina, thread,