Gaming Ocarina of Time 3D is being decompiled

Ecchi95

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think you may be a tad too optimistic. It's easy to start a project with grand goals, but actually following up and completing such a project is a completely different thing.
It's not optimism at all. I've seen this pattern.

I've seen it with decompilation projects for N64 versions of Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask, and with Paper Mario.

Real things are absolutely happening once someone makes a repo.

Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

Mythical

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Isn't there a more updated repo? I remember seeing these games like perfect dark, oot, majora's mask, and more being worked on by the same people who decompiled super mario 64. I'm not sure why everyone is so scepticle

Ecchi95

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Isn't there a more updated repo? I remember seeing these games like perfect dark, oot, majora's mask, and more being worked on by the same people who decompiled super mario 64. I'm not sure why everyone is so scepticle
That's literally what I just said. This is an established pattern.

Mythical

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not saying the 3d version will be cecompiled anytime soon, but it's not not possible. The people in these communities can do some crazy stuff. Inevitably noticeable by the plethora of people who claimed the n64 mario decomp was made via leaks when it wasn't

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

That's literally what I just said. This is an established pattern.
this is a thread where people post opinions? best not to trash the only one who moderately agrees with you

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
It's not optimism at all. I've seen this pattern.

I've seen it with decompilation projects for N64 versions of Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask, and with Paper Mario.

Real things are absolutely happening once someone makes a repo.
And I have seen plenty of people claim that they are going to achieve fantastic things only for it to never happen. Let's not be unrealistic about what this is - a project which currently has little to no achievement to its name.

Now don't get me wrong, if the people behind this project follow up on it and achieve what they want to achieve that is great. But how about we let them prove themselves rather than speculate?

Ecchi95

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this is a thread where people post opinions? best not to trash the only one who moderately agrees with you
I'm not trashing you. I'm excited for this project and happy that you agree. I use "literally just" in a positive way.

I'm saying we have seen this pattern with other projects. Once someone starts a repo, movement happens eventually when it comes to Nintendo decompilation projects.

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
From what I could see, oot and few other Zelda games being decompiled are 100% legit, and the person currently behind oot3d is also directly working on several other Zelda decompilations, including the n64 oot.

Probably worth giving them a chance based on the "pattern" OP pointed out, I suppose.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended