Ocarina of Time’s Overworld Remapped in A Link to the Past’s Style

omega59

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well as many of you know I have spent the majority of my time here mapping and really just creating sprites which might be of use to an OOT2D project (the reason most of the oldschool members came here in the first place). I have been looking at the map which I now have, with all of the areas which I have created and come to the conclusion I am over half way through. What with the holidays starting now and me having nothing to do, I thought I might make a project out of it and see what I could get done.

I have created this with several things in mind, firstly the maps must be as true to the original as possible. Secondly they must fit into the LTTP / FSA style, and thirdly they must piece together correctly (even though the original OOT map failed at this).

So, what do I have and need to do? Firstly, I am only concentrating on outdoor areas for now, so heres the list:

Kokiri Forest
Lost Woods
Sacred Forest Meadow
Hyrule Field
Lon Lon Ranch
Castle Market
Hyrule Castle
Hyrule Castle Courtyard
Kakariko Village
Kakariko Graveyard
Death Mountain Trail
Zoras River
Zoras Fountain
Lake Hylia and Fishing Pond, pond could be better
Gerudo Valley
Gerudo Fortress
Gerudo Training Grounds
Haunted Wasteland
Desert Colossus - Needs new sprites, but mapping finished.

This means that I have now complete my project! I have completed all 20 areas and I am happier than can be! To give an idea of how all of this comes together, see this:

mapproject1.png

original.png

SOURCE:

http://zfgc.com/foru...p?topic=36601.0

Reactions: 3 people

saberjoy

Trophies
XP
Country
India
If someone make this hack, I will be god crazy and play this hack. It take long time to get done.
@bradzx You really have no idea what this is don't you?
@omega59 EDIT: lololol i thought you made this :ha:
WOW dude, i can literally think of hundreds of situations where this might be soo helpful. but even though almost "ALL" the areas are covered in numerous youtube videos uploaded over all these years, this still will be extremely helpful for people who want a quick guide.btw the lzot ingame maps suck!
anyways thanks! :yay:

omega59

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah, i didn't make this if you read below i pasted where i found. it's also posted here on a news site...

http://kotaku.com/5904126/see-all-of-ocarina-of-times-overworld-remapped-in-a-link-to-the-pasts-style

Forstride

The rudder moves when I turn the wheel
Trophies
Website
forstride.stormbit.net
XP
Country
United States
While this is a very hard project, I wouldn't call this a "faithful recreation". For example, a quick glance has the Deku Tree and the Castle Marketplace rotated incorrectly.
He had to do that because of perspective issues. If the Great Deku Tree was facing the proper direction, you wouldn't even be able to see his face.

Anyways, for those that didn't see in the ZFGC topic, I made some in-game mockups using my fan game and the map, and they turned out pretty cool:

82iuK.png
Bxqnn.png
qHOYl.png
zrEr1.png

Forstride

Trophies
Website
forstride.stormbit.net
XP
Country
United States
The question is. Will this ever come out?

As a game i mean.
Master Yoshi of ZFGC is working on his version of OoT2D, titled TLoZ: Ocarina of the Past. However, he is mapping everything himself, not using the map MaJoRa made (The one shown in this topic).

I've considering starting my own OoT project, using the map, although I'd have to finish my fan game before I start another one.

bradzx

x-Darkie-x
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@bradzx You really have no idea what this is don't you?
Yeah I do. It just make sprite and map sprite to show what look OOT in SNES ALTTP version. But I just saying if someone make this hack, it might take 4 or 5 years to get done. I wish they do that but I doubt they will do.

Forstride

Trophies
Website
forstride.stormbit.net
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I do. It just make sprite and map sprite to show what look OOT in SNES ALTTP version. But I just saying if someone make this hack, it might take 4 or 5 years to get done. I wish they do that but I doubt they will do.
No one's going to do a ROM hack. If someone does attempt to use this map in a game, it'll be a fan game made from scratch.

Reactions: 1 person

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLN9qrJ8ESs