Hacking Ocarina Cheats on USB (Not USB Loader GX)

Ashllxlath

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hey, i have an usb stick for homebrew and everything. All though, I tried putting the Item Rain Cheat Code for Mario Kart Wii. but when i try loading cheats (With GeckoOS and USB Loader GX) it says no code found. My path for USB Loader GX is: sd/codes/RMCP01.gct. Can I get any help?

Ashllxlath

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks for the help, I'll try it later. Also what cheats are in this .gct ?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Maybe try this GCT that I just generated? (Take .zip off, it's only there because GBAtemp disallows unknown formats, apparently.[/QUOTE
Maybe try this GCT that I just generated? (Take .zip off, it's only there because GBAtemp disallows unknown formats, apparently.
k

Last edited by Ashllxlath,
Reactions: Alexander1970

Ashllxlath

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Maybe try this GCT that I just generated? (Take .zip off, it's only there because GBAtemp disallows unknown formats, apparently.
As I excepted

Attachments

• 20200714_202239.jpg
    20200714_202239.jpg
    904.1 KB · Views: 463

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
USB8 is not the port number, but the partition number.
having the path using "8" means either :

- you really setup 4 partitions per device, and plugged two devices at the same time resulting in 8 partition ?
OR
- your USB is not detected, and USBLoaderGX tried partition 1 to 8 in hope to find a setting file or a place to save it, but failed to find one. it then uses the "last used path" (which is partition 8 ... which doesn't exist)

So, your issue is :
DO NOT USE FLASHDRIVE !!!!
DO NOT USE STICK !!!!
(how many times was it told on that forum for the past 3 years ?)

solution :
- try another flashdrive (as people tend to still WANT to use things they were told NOT TO USE)
- use a real external HDD !
- Use SD CARD !! (really, CHEATS and settings and covers and files and homebrew and everything but ISO/ROM/WBFS goes to SD CARD !)

PUT HOMBREW ON SD CARD ... ALWAYS
(yeah, I know, USB is supposed to work too... but just see your result with USB and choose to adapt to get a solution, or stay stuck)

Last edited by Cyan,

Ashllxlath

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
USB8 is not the port number, but the partition number.
having the path using "8" means either :

- you really setup 4 partitions per device, and plugged two devices at the same time resulting in 8 partition ?
OR
- your USB is not detected, and USBLoaderGX tried partition 1 to 8 in hope to find a setting file or a place to save it, but failed to find one. it then uses the "last used path" (which is partition 8 ... which doesn't exist)

So, your issue is :
DO NOT USE FLASHDRIVE !!!!
DO NOT USE STICK !!!!

(how many times was it told on that forum for the past 3 years ?)

solution :
- try another flashdrive (as people tend to still WANT to use things they were told NOT TO USE)
- use a real external HDD !
- Use SD CARD !! (really, CHEATS and settings and covers and files and homebrew and everything but ISO/ROM/WBFS goes to SD CARD !)

PUT HOMBREW ON SD CARD ... ALWAYS
(yeah, I know, USB is supposed to work too... but just see your result with USB and choose to adapt to get a solution, or stay stuck)
I want to be stucc xd. Nah but Im ok to not have cheats at least I can play backup.

Reactions: Cyan

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: With uremum