Obscure 'OEM' Mini-SD 1GB

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by mastermaw, Aug 4, 2006.

1. mastermaw
    OP

mastermaw Member

Newcomer
    Jan 11, 2006
    Has anyone bought a bargain price mini-sd card like this?

http://www.ukdvdr.co.uk/shop/OEM-1Gb-160x-...r-pr-18801.html

Speed looks good but no mention of access times. I'm tempted by the price as usually i bundle supercards/kingston memory for friends but here i could save a tenner.

What do we think? Could it be much worse than a vanilla sandisk or kingston?

maw.

2. Darkforce

Darkforce DERP!

Former Staff
    Nov 5, 2002
    UK
    Hmm.. it's a good price so it might just be worth grabbing it and seeing what it's like, though I don't image it being upto that much. Even if the card doesn't have a great access speed, Castlevania and to a tiny extent Animal Crossing are the only games in which slowdown is noticable, or at least in my experience and I have a crappy bootleg Sandisk card which gets a 2 if that on the Castlevania test. I also have a Peak mini-sd which is apparently comparable to a Sandisk Ultra II read/write/delete wise though the access times kinda suck... probably only manages a 3 on the Castlevania test.

So yeah, Castlevania aside, even the slowest of cards are fine for most games, and you could always pick up a faster one later on when prices drop if you need more space or find it isn't fast enough.

[​IMG]

3. Darkspark

Darkspark GBAtemp Fan

Jan 14, 2006
    It says its a 160x card which should mean a read write of about

READ SPEED: 24 Mb/s
    WRITE SPEED: 20 Mb/s

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice