totalnoob617

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
has anyone else noticed or had this problem with the total POS 3ds hinge? this thing is driving me up the PHUCKIN WALL i just want to smash this stupid POS
especially when trying to play any mariokart game, you position the top screen at the perfect angle which is almost totally open ,almost as far open as it it can go , and then it will stay there for about a a minute or a minute and a half and then it snaps all the way open by itself , and makes a loud clicking noise, wheather you are holding it or if you tilt the screen and set down on a table and then watch it for about a minute it will snap all the way open on its own, without going near it or touching it ,the hinge will not stay tilted at an angle it moves so slow you cant see it move ,but it moves till it just snaps all the way open by itself even if it on a table and your not touching it, my ds lite never did this it is so annoying i cant stand it, the only comfortable angle you can have the screen tilted at ,and this POS wont stay open at that angle with out snapping all the way open by itself this is an obnoxious defect that makes me not even want to play it ,it makes the system so uncomfortable to use its almost useless

saberjoy

Trophies
XP
Country
India
stop complaining, as it is meant to be like that, and btw the "perfect" angle is the first pos when the screen locks for the first time ,
you could have just held the system in a different way by tilting forwards a bit unti l it suits you instead of posting a full para

Reactions: 1 person

totalnoob617

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WTF are you people talking about? there is no "first position" it does not snap into any position the only time it "snaps" is when it is opened all the way as far as it will go,and that is certainly not the best angle for viewing ,as the screen is tilted backward , it never "clicks/snaps" into any other position i have no idea what your talking about ,and at least my complaint is more legit than the people who complain the hinge is "loose" who cars if it wobbles, this is truly annoying im trying play a game and 40 50 60 seconds it the phuking screen snaps all the way open so its tilted backward and you cant view it right, it should where ever the phuck i put it and not slowly move on its own till it snaps back all the way open on its own
if by "first position it click into ,you mean the last and ONLY position it clicks into ,"then phuck that cause that angle sucks and is not comfortable for me ,i hate it when its opn like that ,i like to stay at the angle a little before that ,but this POS wont do that it stay for a minute then snaps all the way open on its own

saberjoy

Trophies
XP
Country
India
ohhhhhhh k ,are you sure you are talking about 3ds? cuz the last time i played mine which was like 3 mins ago, there are TWO positions where it stops, one is at an angle of around, uhhm 120-140 degrees? and one is all the way back, i think yours is most probably broken at the hinge or something cuz i have never heard of a 3ds only having one "position"

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
there is no "first position"

There is if you didn't buy it off the kid in the wheelchair on the back of the short bus for 5 sticks of gum. a) you can't even notice it (not going any further as to WHY you can't), b) its broken. Go get it repaired or replaced.

And stop trolling this place. We don't need another smashdude.

DeadLocked

Bi-Winning.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I've played on four different 3DS models and each one was a little different. If it really bothers you then send it to Nintendo if you feel it qualifies as a malfunction.
The problem sounds like it will solve itself over time from use, maybe close and open your 3DS repeatedly for a few minutes to see if it loosens.

phantastic91

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
actually, i know exactly what you mean. sometimes the perfect position is the one you adjust yourself. like when im in a certain position i angle the screen to get a better view. I would be enjoying this position and then CLICK, the screen moves. my ds lite and dsi did not do this.

I dont know but i think the newer versions of the 3ds may have fix this problem because the pink 3ds does not make a click at all and the hinge feels more sturdier (in my experience).

edit: Im confused by what you mean by no first position. Because there seems to be two certain noises that happens at two different positions of my 3ds. However, the last position on my 3ds makes more or softer noise rather than a loud click at the first position. So i dont know what's up with your 3ds or maybe im not getting something.

totalnoob617

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
actually, i know exactly what you mean. sometimes the perfect position is the one you adjust yourself. like when im in a certain position i angle the screen to get a better view. I would be enjoying this position and then CLICK, the screen moves. my ds lite and dsi did not do this.

I dont know but i think the newer versions of the 3ds may have fix this problem because the pink 3ds does not make a click at all and the hinge feels more sturdier (in my experience).

edit: Im confused by what you mean by no first position. Because there seems to be two certain noises that happens at two different positions of my 3ds. However, the last position on my 3ds makes more or softer noise rather than a loud click at the first position. So i dont know what's up with your 3ds or maybe im not getting something.
thankyou , and i also noticed alot of complaints about the hinge being loose ,which dont bother me at all ,though mine is not really loose per say, but if it was i would not care,
i got my 3ds at wallmart ,(i know i should be punished for patronized that store)
but they had it on sale for 169$ before the ambassador deadline ,that is really the only reason i bought it there and at that time ,it is the cosmo black
model ,i also have not noticed the other problem people report about the pads inside marking up the screen ,
and i dont know what people are talking about it having stop points cause mine has no stop point and does not click into an position till it is is as far as it can go then it makes a clicking noise
i dont want it open at a 90 degree angle and i dont want it 180 either ,when i put it in the sweet spot position it tilts to 180 by itself all the way open, it moves by itself ,but so slow its not noticeable, try opeing the lid on your 3ds almost as far as it will go ,about 10 or 20 degrees before that and then set it on a table and wait minute or 2 or 3 it will stay where it is for a bit ,and then CLICK, it snaps all the way open

phantastic91

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
seeing as how you're saying it opens all the way to 180, clearly you're unit is defective and I suggest you get a replacement by exchanging it in or using the free warranty. also mine movies slowly and clicks by itself if i put it at another angle, but my clicking position is actually more like about 160-170 degrees, the ideal angle. there should be two positions and it seems like you only have one so I think your unit had a hinge problem.

totalnoob617

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah its about that, but i just dont what people are talking about saying it clicks or stop at other positions,like a car door, it dont, the only stop or click is when its all the way open

phantastic91

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ok i found a random video on youtube of the click and the position.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRxiwHiqqoQ

the early batch of the 3ds makes this click sound. also this is the first position. the last position will be bending the 3ds back all the way (180 degrees).

imo experience, the pink 3ds does not have a click noise BUT it still goes to first and second position and you can feel it. my friend bought a red 3ds last week and it has a click noise but the hinge is sturdier than mine.

does yours go to this position and snaps into place? if not then there's a problem

jimmyemunoz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll tell you this totalnoob, you can get the same generic, but still nice, case that I bought for under $5 dollars shipped. It will end the problem your having. Also, there's like 15 colors to choose from. The one I'm speaking of here, solves the problem completely. :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: