• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Obama vs Clinton

amptor

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ok well I just looked around on the internet for which supports Bush more and came up with some startling findings.

Now, what I ask you guys is what is true. These internet sites I read stories that show that the Clinton family has strong ties with the Bush family and actually helps hide them after they commit illegal acts are coming from sites that are not necessarily what in college would be coined as "reliable sources".

So I am confused. If I type in something like "Obama ties to bush" it comes up with nothing more than him being very distantly related to some former presidents including Bush. And this information is entirely irrelevant because I know that I've had great great uncles and such that I don't know anything at all about, I don't even know if they are still alive. I found out that one owned a car dealership within drivable distance of me. I didn't even know I had relatives in this state. See what I'm getting at?

Which one is best for the office? I'm a bit confused. I was going to go with Clinton but their family has been involved in scandals in the past. Obama looks like a clean slate, but maybe he isn't as strong of a leader as Clinton? He seems smart enough for a job as a politician. I'm thinking about swaying toward Obama but I wonder if anyone here knows if there's more than meets the eye to either politician.

On the other hand about Clinton, it's a different human being this time so maybe she could pull it off. It's tough to say, I dunno how this stuff works. I'm definitely not voting for a republican.

Skye07

Trophies
Website
www.skyon.be
XP
Country
Belgium
Well if Clinton becomes president, one thing we know for certain, there won't be any Monica Lewinsky stuff going on, unless she's a lesbian
tongue.gif

To be honest, I don't really follow who does what but somehow I'm siding with Clinton rather than Obama, I just don't like his attitude.

Ace Gunman

~••Lucky҉Shot••~
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
There's always more than meets the eye to politicians. They all lie, cheat, steal, etc. It's all just a judgment call as to who you think is the lesser of two evils. This is my perspective on the matter:

Obama's younger, and more liberal than Clinton. He could be a real force for change and a new era for the US government. However he and Clinton share most of the same policies, and really when it comes down to the hard issues, they're of the same mind. Clinton though, well, she was the force behind the previous Clinton administration. Bill was her puppet, and she got things done. The original Clinton administration was hugely successful; and gave the US a new era of economic prosperity. She has the experience, but her outlook hasn't exactly mellowed with time. She's the most conservative liberal you'll ever meet.

Now while I think either one would make a fine president, the issue that sways me towards Obama is censorship. Clinton has a very rigid stance on the matter, she wants to completely retool and censor video games, movies, TV shows, and so on. Whereas Obama is of the mind that content shouldn't be touched, instead that parents should be properly educated rather than the majority being forced to suffer due to parental guidelines. Basically Clinton wants censor, and Obama wants to teach parents how to better moderate their own children's viewing/playing habits.

So really the deciding factor for any liberal voter should be: how do you feel about video game censorship? Should everyone suffer just because certain parents allow their 5 year olds to play Leisure Suite Larry? The rest of their stances are very, very similar. You can't go wrong with either candidate, but my guess is that Hillary will be the winner. Hopefully, however, she takes Obama as her running mate; because they're the ideal democratic ticket.

cubin'

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I like Obama much better because he seems a little more real and also seems like he will keep his promises. He won't win because he's black. Lots of people in America are racists even though they don't think so. He seems like he's a really smart bloke and hasn't been corrupted yet. (lots of Australians are racist too btw)

Clinton is a woman. She's cried on numerous occasions in public and even though I have no problems with crying I don't think it's wise to have someone who might start crying in front of world leaders. She can also have periods which will effect her judgment (no offense girls it's just not quite time for woman to be that high up yet IMO) I do think it's important to have a woman president in the next decade or so however..but lets have a black one first.

(I'm far from an expert on these matters just watch the American news channel a few times a week)

Ace Gunman

~••Lucky҉Shot••~
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Clinton is a woman. She's cried on numerous occasions in public and even though I have no problems with crying I don't think it's wise to have someone who might start crying in front of world leaders. She can also have periods which will effect her judgment (no offense girls it's just not quite time for woman to be that high up yet IMO)

wtf.gif
Uhhh... no offense? Even I'm offended by that. That's one of the top 10 most offensive things I've ever heard.

cubin'

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
lol. Yeah maybe I went a little far with that but periods do effect woman quite strongly. If anyone lives with a female they'd know this. Maybe I'm a little sexist I just don't think a woman would make a good president yet.

Mind you I'd rather Clinton be president than half the other idiots who are running.

Ace Gunman

~••Lucky҉Shot••~
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
lol. Yeah maybe I went a little far with that but periods do effect woman quite strongly. If anyone lives with a female they'd know this. Maybe I'm a little sexist I just don't think a woman would make a good president yet.

Mind you I'd rather Clinton be president than half the other idiots who are running.

Well... at least you put it politely and can admit you might have a bit of a problem in that area. That's better than a lot of people. And it's also the first step towards moving past your preconceived notions (some day).

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Mewgia

drifter
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Clinton is a woman. She's cried on numerous occasions in public and even though I have no problems with crying I don't think it's wise to have someone who might start crying in front of world leaders. She can also have periods which will effect her judgment (no offense girls it's just not quite time for woman to be that high up yet IMO)

wtf.gif
Uhhh... no offense? Even I'm offended by that. That's one of the top 10 most offensive things I've ever heard.
it's true though. The menstrual cycle can affect a woman's judgment, however at Clinton's age I doubt it really matters any more. There have been plenty of female leaders in other countries that were fine anyway.

Also, Obama is better since he: doesn't change his stances all the time; doesn't cry when he starts losing poll points; doesn't believe in mudslinging to make himself look better; has much more of a sympathy for society's lowest (the impoverished and such) since he used to be in all of that; is supported by the Pirate Party because he has the best stances on Net Nuetrality, taking away the DMCA (put in place by the Clinton administration); ect ect.

Verocity

Ö!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

ridgecity

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
dont vote for either

theyre both idiots

dont vote for either

theyre both idiots

What? Then wait for McCain to win?

The problem is...they all suck.

If Al Gore ran again he would win hands down.

And on the quiz I got 68% relevant to Obama.

Al Gore sucks too, he already was vice-president yet, he never did anything pro-enviroment and all he was famous for was saying everywhere he invented the internet. Just because he might have been a better choice than Bush doesn't make him any good, the current president probably is in the 3 worst in 200 years.

and believe me. Mexico was never being considered during north american treaties, yet thanks to Bush, Mexico is considered in the top 5 most powerful countries in the world, something that since the 1940's no one even joked about. I guess you Mexico leveled up with U.S.A.
lecture.gif

Edit: Posts merged together, don't double post.
lecture.gif
- Ace

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr