Obama kickin some ass in graph form

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by yuyuyup, Oct 7, 2010.

Oct 7, 2010
  1. yuyuyup
    OP

Member yuyuyup GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    graphs; some are graphy, others are way pimpin'

[​IMG]

2. Guild McCommunist

Member Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

United States
    Sorry dude, but that picture is a little to "graph"-ic for forums. I MAKE PUN.

But Americans, like most people, are stupid and can't read stats nor do they care about it. They care more about pointless subjects and hype than actual issues.

3. DJPlace

Member DJPlace P!ssed OFF Pyscho of GBA!!

United States
    well i'll be damned...

4. Danny600kill

Member Danny600kill xD

United Kingdom
    Least he's doing his job and fixing part of the economy [​IMG] Yay Obama [​IMG]

5. Advi

Member Advi GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    soshulism iz bad

6. _Chaz_

Member _Chaz_ GBAtemp's Official Mook™

United States
    This is pure win.

7. Vulpes Abnocto

Former Staff Vulpes Abnocto Drinks, Knows Things

United States
    "There are three types of lies -- lies, damn lies, and statistics."

~Charles Wentworth Dilke (?)

Until jobs are actually easier to come by in America, I will not believe this propaganda.

8. _Chaz_

Member _Chaz_ GBAtemp's Official Mook™

United States
    That's a damn lie.

9. gameguy95

Banned gameguy95 Needs More Furries!

United States
    i need to add this to my fav quotes on facebook

10. Trulen

Member Trulen GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Awesome. I've got two years until I get out of college. I'd like a job when I get out. Helps pay the student loans!

11. Rayder

Former Staff Rayder Mostly lurking lately....

United States
    It only LOOKS like an upturn because they don't count the people who's unemployment benefits have ended.

12. gameguy95

Banned gameguy95 Needs More Furries!

United States
    ^exactly. this needs to brought to the attenshun uv da mediaz

13. Hanafuda

Member Hanafuda GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    Your graph doesn't show any period of time when the democrats weren't in control of both houses of Congress. Bush has nothing, or at most very little, to do with it. I'm not saying that in his defense, it's just the truth. He was a lame duck from the 2006 election till he walked out the door. The Congress passes the laws and sets the policies that drive, or hinder, the economy. A major factor, like the jenga block that starts the collapse, in triggering the recession that hit in 2008 was Congress jacking up the minimum wage in 2007. Employers have to adjust prices of the goods and services they sell to compensate for the higher payroll costs, and consumers get hit with those higher prices. Consumers buy less. Employers lay off workers when sales fall and profit margins are hit. Those newly unemployed who bought homes on subprime loans start defaulting. Dominoes start to fall. Happens every time the minimum wage is raised, to varying degrees.

See http://alineofsight.com/policy/2007-minimu...actor-recession

You can choose to blame Bush or laud Obama, but its the Congress that deserves most of the credit for this shit.

14. TanookiSuit

Member TanookiSuit Game Reviewer/Writer -- formerly Vampire Hunter D

United States
    Yeah that's Obama sycophantic love fest chart if there ever was one. The only job he has more or less created have been government jobs. That chart as already mentioned accounts for just a small piece of reality because it counts nothing for those who have given hope up finding a job and those who have run out of their good years worth of benefits. Also some of those jobs that weren't government, many of those are shitty retail level or the type part time jobs compared to what those people had been working. Sure employment maybe at 9.6%, it looks nicer, because if they count those who ran out of benefits and gave up shit it's up in the mid teens easy, and even a little nastier if you count the people who found part time shit work that isn't going to make the bills either. Once he gives up attacking businesses and the dems are shoved of a congressional majority with threats of taxes, added cost digs (say if they keep insurance vs shovel people into obamacare), and starts finding ways to help truly promote private sector jobs things will not improve much as his politics are stifling the hell out of the entire recovery.

15. Blood Fetish

Member Blood Fetish Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

United States
    Don't be fooled, both parties are pro-business.

16. BlueStar

Member BlueStar GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    And they didn't do this in the Bush years either.

Anyway, is it an unemployment graph or an employment graph? 'Job gains' would seem to indicate it's counting the number of jobs rather than the number of unemployed.

17. DrOctapu

Member DrOctapu Magnificent Bastard

United States
    How the fuck can it start at zero? It also doesn't give us a starting number, just a steep decline then a raising. Calling bullshit.

18. elmoreas

Member elmoreas GBAtemp Regular

United States
    On a personal level I like Obama, I even like "some" of his policies. Bush Jr. I hate and want to.... But his Dad was alright. People are always like the last great President we had was JFK or FDR or whoever, but thats BS. We have NEVER had a great president. Why? Because Our version of Democracy sucks. As does all other forms of government that empower the few at the cost of the many. We need a 2nd real revolution in this country, one that will level the playing field for all and institute a form of government that keeps it level forever. From birth to death; Rights, Total Equality, Justice, Opportunity, and Pursuit of Happiness for all. This is my vision of an Utiopian society, and my dream for America.

19. RE4zombie

Member RE4zombie GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Agreed. I am a communist, and what you said is pretty much what I believe in. It is never going to happen, but I do think Obama has done a great job to give equal opportunity to everyone with the health care law.

PS I guarantee some right-wing nut job Tea Partier is gonna start spouting shit in the next few posts.

20. ThatDudeWithTheFood

Member ThatDudeWithTheFood TRIANGLEZ

United States
    You mean
    inb4 right-wing nut job Tea Partier is gonna start spouting shit in the next few posts.

I like Obama but the chart is too small I can't see it.
    nvm I can read it.