Hacking OB3 Kernel available

KidIce

Smart Ass
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just grabbed OB3. It's not up to much. A few games fixes, but nothing else seems improved any and Puzzle Quest 2 is still broken.

It's weird for the EZ FLash team to be this dormant. Usually when they get this quiet they break the silence w/ the announcement of a new product. SO... Are they working on a iPlayer/SCDS2-a-like or what? Or what?!? :-)

regnad

Button Masher
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
That's from August 20.

Seriously -- it's been 2.5 months since the last update.

I understand that with the new firmware EZ-Flash doesn't need to do fixes for the majority of games anymore, but that's not 100% the case -- Sims 3 AP defeats EZ-Flash Vi it seems.

Will we ever get real updates again? Is Team EZ still around? I assumed, with all this free time, Team EZ could finally get homebrew working, as it's one of the main criticisms of the card in the GBA Temp review. But no luck there.

Do you know Mbmax?

1) Kernel update to fix Sims 3?
2) Homebrew update?
3) Team EZ on extended vacation? On strike? Found another job? Working on a secret new project?

KidIce

Smart Ass
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think your right.

Google Translate did a pretty good job of mangling that page and the only date I saw on that post was the 26th, which led me to believe that's when OB3 was posted. I haven't seen any activity out of the EZ Flash team (beyond selling off their flash cart to iSmart) in far too long and was just trying to dig up anything I could find. Sosuke's site is practically desert and tumble weeds these days so I decided to hit up the Chinese forums. Just to find users there complaining that it's dead there too. I was glad to find an update (Hey, Fast6191, why haven't you posted this update here?) and thought I'd share... And complain I guess.

I had an EZ2 and when the team seemed to be ceasing support and closing shop the EZ3 came into existence and updates for the EZ2 came back along side support for the EZ3. Eventually updates for the EZ2 waned, but the EZ3 was the new baby and the EZ2 was about as perfect as that hardware would support (there isn't a GBA game I know of that won't work on it even w/o updates). Then the updates for the EZ3 followed the same pattern and then the EZ4 was released. Then the same thing happened to the EZ4 w/ the release of the EZ5. They've been a very reliable team, have made some of the best carts available, have been around longer than any other flash cart brand that exists today, etc.

But I've never seen them license or sanction a clone... Which then goes and makes their software open source... And... Well, I gues I'm worried. Are they done? Is there an EZ6 on the horizon or what? I just want to know. I've got a SCDS2 and it's a great cart w/ a great bunch of features that cause me to use it over the EZ5 from time to time, but I still prefer the EZ5 and it spends way more time in my DSi than the SCDS2. But w/ this round of silence, the release of the iSmart and other factors I'm seriously beginning to wonder about the future of the EZ Flash brand.

MB Max? Fast? WinDirt? Anyone?

helpme

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
Team EZ on extended vacation? On strike? Found another job? Working on a secret new project?

windirt said on the EZ forum QUOTE"the current sale can't support the team, we have to split most our human resource with another project to keep us alive."

Mbmax

Homebrew addicted
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
regnad said:
I understand that with the new firmware EZ-Flash doesn't need to do fixes for the majority of games anymore, but that's not 100% the case -- Sims 3 AP defeats EZ-Flash Vi it seems.
Wrong example to use regnad. RFTD released again a crypted dump. Just decrypt it and this game is ok.
QUOTE(regnad @ Oct 29 2010, 01:07 AM) Will we ever get real updates again? Is Team EZ still around? I assumed, with all this free time, Team EZ could finally get homebrew working, as it's one of the main criticisms of the card in the GBA Temp review. But no luck there.

Do you know Mbmax?

1) Kernel update to fix Sims 3?
2) Homebrew update?
3) Team EZ on extended vacation? On strike? Found another job? Working on a secret new project?
1) no need to fix this dump
2) i wish this happen
3) windirt alread talked about this on both forums US and Chinese.

regnad

Button Masher
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
If Golden Sun DS doesn't work and the Team EZ silence persists, I'll be concerned.

Still, the new firmware does handle a lot of things, including Pokemon B/W, which is fabulous. It seems odd, though, that Team EZ has decided the new firmware has taken care of all future AP, and they've washed their hands and gone home, a job well done.

Mbmax

Homebrew addicted
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Golden sun run on EZ5i in special mode like it does on dstwo in clean mode.
wink.gif

The EZ5i is good about AP even if it don't get any update.

Just, some weird issue with some games that deosn't have any AP. Puzzle quest 2 is one of them.

http://ezflash.sosuke.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=16747

Edit : i just updated the AP thread of the ez5i. I forgot to remove games fixed (no more special mode required) in k3.0ob3 test version.
wink.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Psionic Roshambo, atleast there was some neat filler there