Hacking o3DSXL cfw to n3DSXL with cfw pc system transfer

Ble4K

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So I have 2 hacked 3dss one old and one new.

I am trying to do a system transfer using my pc. It is telling me delete all the data from my new sd card and copy over everything from the old one... Is this safe?

I don't care about transfering my games or anything. I just want my n3DS to work with my NNID.

Last edited by Ble4K,

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, essentially your N3DS is going to become the old one so if you want all your stuff to work then you need to either copy all the files over, or just use the SD card from the old one in the new one. (Unless you're using a full sized SD card of course, then yeah you need to copy the files from that one to the new one)

Ble4K

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yes, essentially your N3DS is going to become the old one so if you want all your stuff to work then you need to either copy all the files over, or just use the SD card from the old one in the new one. (Unless you're using a full sized SD card of course, then yeah you need to copy the files from that one to the new one)

Okay that's fine, but will my cfw still work? My problem is that there are things like the otp file and things and won't going from and old 3ds to a new one mess things up a bit?

I realise that I have to copy everything over, but does this include all the cfw stuff? And is this safe to do?

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Your New 3DS doesn't have CFW so the files can't be read anyway. If you plan on putting CFW on the new one, then no don't include the A9LH folder. (You should back it up and delete it from your SD card entirely).

You should make a copy of your SD card contents on your desktop that way you can copy it both to your New SD card and have a backup to restore to your old one if you format it.

ThunderbInazuma

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Your New 3DS doesn't have CFW so the files can't be read anyway. If you plan on putting CFW on the new one, then no don't include the A9LH folder. (You should back it up and delete it from your SD card entirely).

You should make a copy of your SD card contents on your desktop that way you can copy it both to your New SD card and have a backup to restore to your old one if you format it.
He says that the 2 consoles are already hacked

Ble4K

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

My new 3DS DOES have cfw. So what do I need to do to complete the transfer?

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Even with the old otp file and everything? Sorry, I'm just really scared of bricking it.
No. After you system transfer, just copy everything from your old SD card to the new one EXCEPT the A9LH folder. Put that on your computer somewhere. You're not going to brick regardless by doing a systransfer.

Reactions: Ble4K

Ble4K

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
No. After you system transfer, just copy everything from your old SD card to the new one EXCEPT the A9LH folder. Put that on your computer somewhere. You're not going to brick regardless by doing a systransfer.

Thank you, I will do that now and let you know.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: fellow EST resident here, it's noon for me too