O3DS XL on 11.0, how can I access homebrew without a game?

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by gameus, Dec 12, 2016.

1. gameus
    OP

gameus Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 5, 2015
    United States
    I have a buddy overseas and I'm trying to help him setup A9HL. I have a copy of Cubic Ninja, but again, overseas and shipping costs is what we're trying to avoid, but if it comes down to it, we'll just go that route. Our primary hope was to get browserhax to run, but we've tried a couple of bypass methods and the update nag is still there. He has Zelda Four Swords Anniversary on his 3DS already and all the files ready for NFIRM downgrade and all of that good jazz, our only issue is we can't get into the homebrew to execute the new waithax. Any ideas?

2. VictorMoreno015

VictorMoreno015 GBAtemp Regular

Mar 17, 2013
    United States
    Las Vegas
    gameus likes this.
  3. gameus
    OP

gameus Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 5, 2015
    United States
    Thank you for that! We've tried everything from the date settings to using different DNS. Didn't see the method about blocking the update website.

4. gameus
    OP

gameus Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 5, 2015
    United States
    So we tried that and there's still no luck. He keeps getting the update nag.

5. KunoichiZ

KunoichiZ GBAtemp Guru

Mar 16, 2012
    United States
    Then you'll have to get a game.

6. korni1393

korni1393 Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 12, 2016
    Gambia, The
    If you haven't yet, you should try to follow this guide step by step.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/3dshacks/comments/5htlqo/detailed_steps_i_took_to_get_browserhax_and_eshop/

If it does not work you sadly are one of the people with a o3DS which uses TLS Encryption to verify the correct update version.
    Currently i don't think there is a solution for it yet but you might wanne check this thread out for updates.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/3dshacks/comments/5hs1hl/survey_on_browser_nag_bypass/db2h72t/

7. gameus
    OP

gameus Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 5, 2015
    United States
    Thanks for the help guys, I'll look into those links korni if not, then I'll have to send him the game.