Hardware O3DS XL -> N3DS XL. Worth the upgrade?

UL7RA

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
I bought the O3DS XL like a month before the apparition of the New one, and I instantly regretted it, but as I got it from abroad (a friend of mine sent it from the USA), I could not return it, so I just went with the flow and bought a Gateway card, and here I am today, but with A9LH and a GW too, playing quite a lot on it. I'm conflicted whether or not an upgrade is worth (cause oh man BoI:R and XB Chronicles looks so good) an investition of at least 100 euro.

nero99

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's more than worth it.better battery life, 3D that won't make your head hurt, easier to play smash bros with the c-stick, systems doesn't restart when exiting extended memory games like smash bros and Pokemon sun/moon, has a micro sd slot under the back plate so people can't eject it as a sick joke. I say go for it. They will only cost $99.99 on Black Friday

RustInPeace

Samurai Cop
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's almost necessary to go N3DS because newer games are more likely to utilize the boosted memory. Sun and Moon for example use it, and thus stuff like NTR CFW can only work with those games using N3DS because of extended memory mode. As soon as N3DS came out, I planned on buying 2 in case the followup to ORAS would be more exclusive to that console. Lo and behold, that's mostly the truth.

D

Deleted User

If you like the 3d i would say its worth it. also some games works better on the new 3ds but only small portion of them . the speakers are much louder . if you have luck you can also get a better screen (ips). of course the main reason is the 3d that is much better . the c stick is not very good and pretty much useless for me and the L2 and R2 buttons are nice addition although i also don't use them. also the only games that exclusive to the n3ds are xenoblade chronicles and snes vc games so you don't miss very much. anyway it's up to you.

Last edited by ,

UL7RA

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Hundred dollar deal? Where? Don't think there's such a thing here in Romania, as the console itself is rather rare, and new it costs like 250 dollars. I found offers for around 150 dollars, but like second hand (like new) but with Luma + A9LH preinstalled.

EDIT: I noticed the post, but I gotta be able to hack it without extra money.

Last edited by UL7RA,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :rofl2: +1