Hardware O3DS XL - 4.5.0-8E with flaws, what can it be used for?

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
OP
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
So i got me a broken O3DS XL (and i'm not planning on doing it away but using it for something usefull)
- Touchscreen only works on the left side (new touchscreen doesn't solve the problem)
- Camera can't boot, it errors out when trying to launch it and then locks up the 3DS

It's a left over i put together from 2 broken 3DS used to make 1 working
It boots fine and it's on 4.5 (E).

Anyone knows what i can still use it for?
- xorpads (since it's 4.5)? (do i even have to be on 4.5 for that? (i know you used to, but i think rxTools can do it now)
- Testing stuff out
- ???

lemanuel

Maxconsole's All-Knowing Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
You can use it for art ;)

2a6b151ceee502d869929eeafef00d94.jpg

Reactions: DjoeN and Adeka

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
rxtools and install games that don't require the use of a touch screen?

You can install classic games too.

LoggerMan

Trophies
XP
Country
Couldn't you put all the legit cias for your region on sysnand, then update to latest firmware, then system transfer to a working console, then ??? profit

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
OP
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
Not only 1 more like 0 (already tested this out moths ago :) )

Will use it for testing purpose (new cfw's/updated cfw's/cia's/homebrew) and generating xorpads to make cia's
this way, when it works on it, i can use it on my other o3ds knowing it works and doesn't mess up things :D )

I already updated it to 9.2 with sysupdater and installed rxTools, downgraded mset and make it boot rxTools when clicking the ds profile
on it also emunand 10.0.0-27E. Camera not working i can live with, i never use that, just a pitty i can't use QR codes to launch something
No NNID setup and no eShop configured, i could do that and only use the left side of the onscreen keyboard to enter stuff (hope A button works as enter cause i can't click the enter icon, does not react anyway)

LoggerMan

Trophies
XP
Country
Damn, you can't take a single legit cia with you in a transfer? How does the system transfer know that your legit cias aren't legit legit.

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
OP
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
Damn, you can't take a single legit cia with you in a transfer? How does the system transfer know that your legit cias aren't legit legit.
We don't know how clean the legit cia's are, we know something is missing, but don't know what and can it be reproduced or not :) it will stay a mysterie.
We know 1 thing, bundled/pre-installed games are not linked to your NNID but to the console somehow.
I bought a second hand Mario Kart O3DS bundle with a linked NNID, i formatted the system (Game was gone from the system) and linked a new NNID to it, got into the eshop and i could download mario kart for free

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: it's a thing there