O3DS system won't update from 11.0 to 11.5

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by GnomoP, Jul 15, 2017.

1. GnomoP
    OP

GnomoP Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 15, 2017
    Brazil
    After awhile I decided to update my O3DS (11.0.0-0U with Luma 8.1 and B9S) to the latest 11.5 update. Thing is, it doesn't update at all. My 3DS was prep'd for homebrew with soundhax and the arm9loader payload for Luma, and also doesn't have an emuNAND for some reason, and I upgraded it to B9S recently, to do the system update.

However, when I try to update it through the Settings, both with and without booting into Safety Mode, the bar loads once and a popup announces the 3DS rebooting due to some system failure. I checked the Luma settings to see if they had something to do with it, but I have no clue why the update won't work for sh*t.

Is there something that could unable the system to update through the usual way, and is there an alternate way to update it if I can't circumvent whatever's causing this?

2. RosaliinaDaHacker64

RosaliinaDaHacker64 3DS font intermediate/expert

Oct 7, 2015
    Ireland
    F:\gm9\out
    Quantumcat likes this.
  3. Quantumcat

Quantumcat Dead and alive

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    You could update by downloading the update files with 3DNUS and installing with sysupdater. This is a little dangerous though so be sure to make a NAND backup first so you can restore it anything goes wrong.
    Something else to try is connecting to a mobile phone hotspot, in case it is the internet playing up. You could also leave it in sleep mode overnight connected to the internet to give it a chance to download the update very slowly in the background.

4. GnomoP
    OP

GnomoP Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 15, 2017
    Brazil
    I don't have acess to a computer, so using sysupdater with 3DSNUS is not possible atm, but I'll definiyely try that once I have access to a PC again.

Changing my DNS settings back and forth didn't do any difference and I'm pretty sure I haven't made any change to any system app.

Now I'll go test leaving my console on Sleep Mode during the update to see how it goes, since my internet appears to be working fine :v

5. GilgameshArcher

GilgameshArcher GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 1, 2012
    Brazil
    São Paulo
    Must be some titles are in and old version, download Home Menu CIA up to data and install.

Quantumcat likes this.
  6. Quantumcat

Quantumcat Dead and alive

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    You don't put it in sleep mode while updating, just on the home menu. When it is in sleep mode and connected to the net it will be downloading the update.