Hacking O3DS on 4.x Emunand Profile Exploit Upgrade

wiiando

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not been keeping up with anything 3ds since around October last year after using crtbootmanager on my 3ds xl last year to boot rxtools.

I have another O3DS that boots emunand via the profile exploit (4.x), which I use a flashcard with too, using the flashcard breaks the profile exploit and i'm getting pretty fed up reinstalling from the flashcard and I want to autoboot to cfw.

I'm not asking so much to be spoon fed but what's the best option to go with as there seems to be that many exploits and cfw around I don't know the best option to go for.

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
your best option is this guide
https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki

you should read up on a9lh (a9lh is the goal of the guide) if you want that then follow the guide
however if you decide you dont want a9lh then

using the same guide do the 9.2 update (listed after part 5) (also linked in the post below this one)
then do parts 1 and 3

Last edited by wormdood,

wiiando

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the direction, seems i'll need a good few hours to set all this up. Only really glanced through it atm but am I correct in thinking all of my titles in my current emunand will be still available once i've completed the guide?

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the direction, seems i'll need a good few hours to set all this up. Only really glanced through it atm but am I correct in thinking all of my titles in my current emunand will be still available once i've completed the guide?
if you wanted to use menuhax then yes
if you have decided to go a9lh all the titles in your emunand will be moved to sysnand and you will no longer need/use emunand

Reactions: wiiando

buda81

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the direction, seems i'll need a good few hours to set all this up. Only really glanced through it atm but am I correct in thinking all of my titles in my current emunand will be still available once I've completed the guide?

I've just did the guide over the weekend on my o3ds 4.x. I did run in to a few issues, but resolved them with some research. I used a new sd card and left my emunand on the side while creating a new emunand for the guide. When I was finished, I move all relevant/necessary files to my original sdcard.

If your flashcart was a gateway, read this first.

https://github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/wiki/FAQ-and-Troubleshooting

wiiando

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Right, spent many hours on this now, got to part 5 and realised I didn't do a backup of my Rednand

here
Section II - NAND Backups

1. Get into the Homebrew Launcher on SysNAND through the entrypoint of your choice
  2. Open OTPHelper (this can take a few tries in some situations)
  3. Go to "NAND Backup & Restore"
  4. Backup EmuNAND to emuNAND_original.bin (you can use Up and Down / Left and Right to change the name)
But I did do all the rest of the steps, so I have a backup of my formatted red/emunand. I need a emu/rednand in the final steps is it ok to use the emuNAND_formatted.bin or should I go back and update and backup again, as currently in process of going to 2.1

Last edited by wiiando,

Deleted member 386348

local death grips enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Right, spent many hours on this now, got to part 5 and realised I didn't do a backup of my Rednand

here
Section II - NAND Backups

1. Get into the Homebrew Launcher on SysNAND through the entrypoint of your choice
  2. Open OTPHelper (this can take a few tries in some situations)
  3. Go to "NAND Backup & Restore"
  4. Backup EmuNAND to emuNAND_original.bin (you can use Up and Down / Left and Right to change the name)
But I did do all the rest of the steps, so I have a backup of my formatted red/emunand. I need a emu/rednand in the final steps is it ok to use the emuNAND_formatted.bin or should I go back and update and backup again, as currently in process of going to 2.1
Go back, and get the backup.

wiiando

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Your emuNAND_formatted should be fine.

edit: Actually, later on in the guide you restore from EmuNAND_original. So, you won't be fine.

So i'd need to make a new rednand from scratch Part 3

My own fault for doing it so late, hours have just passed by, so many steps and backups :(

Last edited by wiiando,

wiiando

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK, i'm now stuck, getting the NFIRM error in PlaiSysUpdater due to the rednand being 11.0 , tried with luma 5.2 and can't get luma 5.5 to boot at all no matter how many times I try

wiiando

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No offence to the guy who made all this possible but isn't the guide setting people up to fail?

Can't downgrade 11.0 yet the guide tells you to update rednand, seems it's best to remain on a 9.2 rednand and downgrade?

Seems i'm overlooking things or it's not clear i'm not sure, placed firmware.bin from NTR into the luma folder and luma 5.5 now boots, trying to downgrade again

Last edited by wiiando,

opa334

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
No offence to the guy who made all this possible but isn't the guide setting people up to fail?

Can't downgrade 11.0 yet the guide tells you to update rednand, seems it's best to remain on a 9.2 rednand and downgrade?
You need to put a 10.2 firmware.bin into your luma folder, you can get it from the guide I think.
EDIT: Get it here from where it says "Get the NTR FIRMs package from here", I have no idea why this is not mentioned in the guide

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

can't get luma 5.5 to boot at all no matter how many times I try
Seems like I have overlooked this... If you have downgraded via gateway before: https://github.com/AuroraWright/Lum...-downgraded-from-the-gateway-menu-in-the-past

Last edited by opa334,
Reactions: wiiando

wiiando

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You need to put a 10.2 firmware.bin into your luma folder, you can get it from the guide I think.
EDIT: Get it here from where it says "Get the NTR FIRMs package from here", I have no idea why this is not mentioned in the guide

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Seems like I have overlooked this... If you have downgraded via gateway before: https://github.com/AuroraWright/Lum...-downgraded-from-the-gateway-menu-in-the-past

ye I figured that out after some googling, the guide just presumes you know how luma3ds works and how to set it up, which I don't, downgraded no issues this time round

wiiando

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All went well, except I can't get my flashcart to boot, just black screens :(

NVM, google to the rescue again :P

Anyone encountering the same issue install either of these depending on your system via FBI

0004013800000102 v8817 for o3DS/2DS
0004013820000102 v9936 for New 3DS

All works fine now, never got a prompt to overwrite so can only assume it was missing.

Last edited by wiiando,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: you could say it fell out.