Hacking (o3DS - Noob Question) Is there a way to remove a Nintendo ID without removing my Luma CFW?

FortuneHatter

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Before I go through with system formatting, I would just like to ask if doing so would remove my A9LH and Luma CFW if I reformatted just to get rid of my Nintendo ID and get a new one?

Or is there other ways to remove my old nintendo ID and get a new one?
I want to change my ID because I made it a long time ago, and I've recently properly updated my CFW to 11.3 after making a backup of it from 11.2 and nervous to touch anything knowing nintendo patched a lot of backdoors making it impossible to install CFW once it's stuck at 11.3.

I just want to get rid of my embarrassing ID, not get rid of this rare commodity as a CFW these days.

Also just to add: Can I move my files from my 4gb SDHC card to my 32gb SDHC card and have it all still work as it did before? Because I'm afraid if there's any digital code ID for the SDHC after adding the CFW to recognize the files in the card.

Distrance

矢澤にこ
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
A9LH is installed into the FIRM .. it cannot be removed through system format .. The only way to remove it is deliberately doing so with a system restore or the like. The CFW is on your SD card. So if you don't format your SD card nothing will happen to it.

And moving files from SD card to another is fine.

Reactions: FortuneHatter

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
system formatting, I would just like to ask if doing so would remove my A9LH and Luma CFW if I reformatted
No. Neither are in the "Nintendo 3DS" folder on the SD, nor the "data" folder or the movable.sed file on CTRNAND.

Or is there other ways to remove my old nintendo ID and get a new one?
Delete the act driver's save with GodMode9, or install a blank nnidsave.bin with Decrypt9

FortuneHatter

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A9LH is installed into the FIRM .. it cannot be removed through system format .. The only way to remove it is deliberately doing so with a system restore or the like. The CFW is on your SD card. So if you don't format your SD card nothing will happen to it.

And moving files from SD card to another is fine.

Okay, you're right. A9LH still works, but after system formatting, the Luma Updater, FBI and Homebrew disappeared from the launch menu.
I expected it, but I forgot to ask what I should do next to restore these apps in the menu for easy access.
I still have the backup from before I updated to 11.2. but I forgot if I have a current backup of AFTER updating safely to 11.3 with luma.

No. Neither are in the "Nintendo 3DS" folder on the SD, nor the "data" folder or the movable.sed file on CTRNAND.

Delete the act driver's save with GodMode9, or install a blank nnidsave.bin with Decrypt9

This was the recent guide installation I followed without godemode9, should I have it before I installed it a few days ago?
And I have little to no knowledge as to how to install a blank nnidsave.bin, so I went through with Distrance's confirmation. But not suffering the loss of these apps in my menu and worrying that I don't have luma updater anymore... I mean, I saved my files in my SDHC by removing it before system formatting, but I didn't know if I could save the softwares installed.

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I forgot to ask what I should do next to restore these apps in the menu for easy access.
Health & Safety wasn't updated, so you can use the FBI injection pack from the guide (even if it was, you could use Universal Inject Generator to make your own)

Once you have FBI, you can install the others!

(BTW, if you had installed DevMenu before formatting, or did not restore H&S to the original app, you would already have a title manager installed and usable; but no big deal due to the above)

FortuneHatter

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Health & Safety wasn't updated, so you can use the FBI injection pack from the guide (even if it was, you could use Universal Inject Generator to make your own)

Once you have FBI, you can install the others!

(BTW, if you had installed DevMenu before formatting, or did not restore H&S to the original app, you would already have a title manager installed and usable; but no big deal due to the above)

Ahhh! I see! I was getting scared there for a second, but I'll try to see if that still works, because honestly? I might still fuck this up even if I tried as carefully as I could. I'll get back to you on this if it completely works! Thanks a lot for the confirmation!

FortuneHatter

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Success! Complete installation finished and it works fine and dandy!
Everything is a go!

Someone should really write a new guide for this troubleshoot as a just in case. It's pretty easy to brick 3ds' by people who are pretty new.
In any case, I have both of you to thank for every bit of info in this flimsy subject at these dire times.

I really do hope they strike gold and hit another back door.

I would suggest instead of cracking it, they should emulate the data acquisition services provided by nintendo via fake id data buffer, making the system think that the outside source of data it's obtaining is from a direct nintendo server. But then again, I'm not that bright of a coder myself.

Hopefully we all get through this before they kill us with 11.4. Cheers!

Distrance

矢澤にこ
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
It's pretty easy to brick 3ds' by people who are pretty new.
!

There are guides for literally everything a newbie needs. If they can't follow a guide without getting bricked then they don't deserve a CFW in the first place.

On that note, whatever do you mean by bricking this context? Even if you formatted your console with the SD card inside and wiped everything on it, you can not brick, because A9LH is installed onto the FIRM and you can't remove it unless you're doing it deliberately.

GerbilSoft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"System Format" is a bit of a misnomer here. On a PC, "format" means "create a new file system, making all previous data inaccessible". On 3DS, it means "wipe the user area and generate a new key". (I think it also removes the NAND-specific directory in the Nintendo 3DS folder, unless you use TinyFormat.)

This is why 3DS system format doesn't actually "format" the whole system; the OS and A9LH are left intact.

Reactions: Distrance

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I call the one with big tiddies