Hacking O3DS - Need to downgrade with Hard mod since Cartridge slot is broken on 10.7

KinGTD

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi. I managed to buy a cheap O3DS XL with a broken cartridge slot. However, it has firmware 10.7. I was able to successfully hard mod it and obtained the NAND. Since the cartridge slot is broken, i cant use Cubic Ninja or OOTHAX to downgrade. I searched around and cant seem to find if its possible downgrade from a hardmod method. Im not sure what alternatives i have to downgrade. If there is, could someone share a link or a method for me to do it? Thanks

KinGTD

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

proflayton123

The Temp Loaf'
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Japan
Thanks. Ive looked at that guide and followed to upgrade to firmware 11. However, i cant get exploit entry to menuhax or ironhax as the website says its not supported when i enter it. Isnt that downgrade method just allowing you to use NATIVE_FIRM from older firmware to allow NINJAHAX and OOTHAX?

That, im not sure of as ive not had any of my consoles hardmodded.

vb_encryption_vb

That hardmod guy....
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks. Ive looked at that guide and followed to upgrade to firmware 11. However, i cant get exploit entry to menuhax or ironhax as the website says its not supported when i enter it. Isnt that downgrade method just allowing you to use NATIVE_FIRM from older firmware to allow NINJAHAX and OOTHAX?
Correct, so if you did update to 11.0, your only option would be cubic ninja or oothax. Oothax can be the digital version as well i think.

Reactions: astronautlevel

Ev1lbl0w

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Correct, so if you did update to 11.0, your only option would be cubic ninja or oothax. Oothax can be the digital version as well i think.
He still has no way of installing the exploit to OOT.
Btw why did you buy a 3DS with a broken cartridge slot? You are going to launch games mainly from the SD card or you didn't even know it was broken?

pkmz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But tou should be aable to use browserhax once you flip flop the firms. I did when i did a 10.7 system before there was a actual downgrade method.

I could be wrong but browserhax defiantly worked for me

DragonSky

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Mayby wait for Gateway? They might release a tool to downgrade free for everyone.
Should be there in a couple days.

Last edited by DragonSky,

KinGTD

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
He still has no way of installing the exploit to OOT.
Btw why did you buy a 3DS with a broken cartridge slot? You are going to launch games mainly from the SD card or you didn't even know it was broken?
I knew the cartridge slot was broken. I was planning on downgrading it and installing CFW if it the firmware was below 10.6. But since it was 10.7, i thought i couldve hard mod, upgrade to 11, downgrade the native_Firm and still use browserhax. I have everything working up to the point of where i use Browserhax on a downgraded 11.0 but like i said, it doesnt allow me to do anything and quotes "This browser version is not recognized/supported by 3ds_browserhax_Common. Whether this also applies to the exploit you're using is a seperate matter. See the 3ds_browserhax_Common report README if you just want to see if the browser exploit crashes".

Maybe i didnt downgrade the native_firm correctly?

Update: Ran the autofirm_Reboot_11_0 process again, reflashed NAND and browserhax still doesnt work.. any other ideas?

Last edited by KinGTD,

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Buy a dsi cart slot and snap the side off, i assume if you can do a hardmod then installing a replacement card slot should be doable, so i guess the price off the 3ds card slot is the factor here which is why getting a dsi one migsht be a viable compromise

Last edited by gamesquest1,

Townsperson

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mayby wait for Gateway? They might release a tool to downgrade free for everyone.
Should be there in a couple days.

Gateway's tool can't achieve anymore than we can right now. It still requires an entry point, which OP is having trouble getting.

Basically, waiting for Gateway won't do anything.

driverdis

I am Justice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Yea, you will need a game and a working game slot to downgrade any firmware above 10.5 (10.5 is the last version to support WebHax and MenuHax, 10.6 and 10.7 require a game cart like CN or OOTHax)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: sure, it can be hands free