[O3DS/N3DS] So now that NoA has screwed us over, I have some questions...

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Roxie Mika, Jun 16, 2015.

1. Roxie Mika
    OP

Roxie Mika YOU'LL NEVER SEE IT COMIIIIIN'

Mar 14, 2015
    United States
    Bronx, NY
    Okay, so. I had my fingers crossed that Nintendo would announce the standard-sized New 3DS for the US today. Obviously, that didn't happen, so now I need to figure out how I'm gonna get my saved data off of my old 3DS (on 9.8) and onto a New 3DS. I was looking at the region change method, but it seems you can't do a cross-region system transfer without doing a lot of hocus-pocus, and that requires an old 3DS on 9.2 or lower anyway. I would just buy a PowerSaves or something but all of my saved data is on eShop games. So my issue is, is there any way, perhaps with a NAND hardmod for the old 3DS, to take my saved data from my old 3DS eShop games and use it with, say, a Sky3DS? (With Regionfour, if need be.) Or, is there a way for me to get my stuff moved over to an old 3DS with 9.2, so I can then go through the steps to do a cross-regional system transfer?

(Also, one last note: I would just keep my old 3DS for my old games, but it's kind of halfway to falling apart. The shoulder buttons are failing *again*, after having just been replaced last October for Smash, and the rubber fell off the Circle Pad. Plus, honestly, who wants to carry around two of the same handheld? I want to be able to use my cute N3DS with the Kyary plates for everything, not have to lug out my old busted 3DS to play 99% of my games.)

2. Ichii Giki

Ichii Giki GBAtemp Regular

Mar 12, 2015
    United States
    It would seem your only option since your O3DS is on 9.8 already is to find another 9.2 or less O3DS. You could then set up 9.8 EmuNAND with rxTools and do a system transfer from your updated O3DS to the exploitable O3DS EmuNAND. Once you have your content/saves on the O3DS EmuNAND, you could then go through the process of "manually system transferring" your stuff from the exploitable O3DS to an exploitable N3DS. Keep in mind, there is no easy way to transfer your NNID, so you would need to hold onto the O3DS for future purchases/etc. My tutorial for transferring saves/content between systems (O3DS to N3DS, for example) might be useful:

http://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-manual-system-transfer-for-saves-content.388033/

Hope this helps! ^_^ Good luck!

Roxie Mika likes this.
  3. Roxie Mika
    OP

Roxie Mika YOU'LL NEVER SEE IT COMIIIIIN'

Mar 14, 2015
    United States
    Bronx, NY
    Ah, alright. I didn't realize you could transfer from a real system to an emuNAND... That should make this a lot easier. I'll just have to make sure I get an N3DS with an exploitable firmware... I mean, I intended to anyway, but, y'know. Thank you so much!

Ichii Giki likes this.
  4. zoogie

zoogie simple pimp tool

Nov 30, 2014
    United States
    It may still come. Recently, Nintendo's been announcing system releases 6-8 weeks before the actual street date. If Sept passes and nothing, then it's gonna be nothin.

5. Ronhero

Ronhero Too Weird to Live, Too Rare to Die

Jun 28, 2014
    United States
    Arizona Bay
    The closest thing I have been able to do is region change the firmware then manually transfer everything via xorpad, once done I just made emunand, unlinked the nands, installed nvram, downgraded and profited. The only thing I can't transfer is my NNID but I don't mind having everything installed as a cia

Ichii Giki likes this.
  6. powersaver

powersaver GBAtemp Regular

Mar 15, 2015
    United States
    It's not unprecedented for Japan to get exclusive Nintendo consoles/handhelds which fully support Nintendo software-formats released in N.A. (barring region locking) and don't support any Nintendo software-formats not available in N.A.. The Game Boy Light and Panasonic Q are 2 that I can think of. And if it never comes out, the regular smaller new Nintendo 3DS would be another. However, I think the regular smaller New Nintendo 3DS will be released in N.A., also because the rest of the *world* got it.

The FDS console iterations are some more, but they support a software-format that was never released in N.A..