O3DS giving "Error has occured, turn off power" when using NTR 3.2, 3.3, 3.4

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by Darthlink9, Dec 2, 2016.

1. Darthlink9
    OP

Darthlink9 GBATemp Resident Heartbreaker

Feb 18, 2016
    United States
    Nearby
    So, my other 3ds finally kicked the bucket. quite a few connectors fell off the motherboard, making the L & R buttons, and the circle pad beyond repair. so I started using my other 3ds. but now, every time I use NTR, or NTR selector, regardless of which version I use, my 3ds always gives me "error has occured please turn off the power" within between 2-5 minutes. sometimes, my games won't even boot. my 3ds is A9LH with 11.2. can someone please help me?

2. smalltown

smalltown Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 1, 2016
    United States
    Is there ntr.bin in your sd card?

3. Sora Takihawa

Sora Takihawa Keyblade Warrior

Oct 11, 2015
    Germany
    Realm of Darkness
    do you use a cheatplugin for games like Monster Hunter or Pkmn Sun/Moon?

4. Darthlink9
    OP

Feb 18, 2016
    United States
    Nearby
    yep, right on the root.

no, nothing that requires a N3DS, like Sm4sh, MH or Sun/Moon. NTR won't work with them anyway, on O3DS. no, I'm trying to cheat in EO2U: Fafnir Knight, or SMTIV, Zelda OOT/MM, FE13/FE14, MGS3, (Just realized that NTR is working fine with MGS3, but everything else just crashes. maybe it's becase MGS3 uses button Combinations? everything with a Cheat Menu seems to just crash my 3DS.) and...thats all the games I own, now I think about it.

5. OrGoN3

OrGoN3 GBAtemp Addict

Apr 23, 2007
    United States
    Using your computer or FBI, go to the root of your SD card and remove ntr.bin.

Boot up BootNTR Selector (CIA/installed, not through homebrew channel). Choose the first config. Attempt to boot 3.2 or 3.3. You have an O3DS so you can't use 3.4.

6. Darthlink9
    OP

Feb 18, 2016
    United States
    Nearby
    will try this, see if it works. oddly enough, I know I "Can't use 3.4" but 3.4 works fine in MGS3. again, maybe it's due to the fact MGS3 uses buttons and not a menu? will report back in a sec.

EDIT: Now NTR says "Load Failed! #Fileopen_Failure #Load_and_execute" press any key to reboot. So what now? was trying to Load 3.2
    EDIT 2: 3.3 Seems to load, commencing testing now.
    EDIT 3: need to do more testing to be sure, but everything seems to be fine now.

Last edited by Darthlink9, Dec 2, 2016
    OrGoN3 likes this.
  7. Darksabre72

Darksabre72 GBAtemp Regular

Nov 26, 2016
    United States
    so is it fixed?

8. Darthlink9
    OP

Feb 18, 2016
    United States
    Nearby
    This... was a necro.... yes, it's fixed. I don't remember if it was this or something else. I'm using the BootNTR Selector now. it's so much easier.

9. Darksabre72

Darksabre72 GBAtemp Regular

Nov 26, 2016
    United States
    what do you mean by necro and how do you fix it?

10. Darthlink9
    OP

Feb 18, 2016
    United States
    Nearby
    Necro= Neromancy. ya revived a 4 month old dead thread, yo Necromancer, you. and I would assume it's fixed with either fire or holy water.