sTo0z

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Alright, I think I might have done goofed this one pretty bad.. maybe there's still hope?

I had a O3DS setup with CakesFW EmuNAND on 10.7, linked to my NNID.

Just bought a N3DS and got CakesFW EmuNAND set up ok, updated to 10.7, not linked to any NNID.

Attempted to use official System Transfer to move stuff from O3DS -> N3DS, WITHOUT keeping same SD Card, and did the wireless transfer, no PC involved.

After probably a billion hours, both screens indicated finished, however the N3DS wanted a reboot, which rebooted and sent me back in sysNAND, which resulted in crash/error.

However the O3DS (source system) indicated all was well and would only let me wipe the SD Card to proceed, stupidly I did thinking maybe it was necessary to allow N3DS to use NNID.

So here I am now:
O3DS = completely empty and wiped. Still has 9.2 SysNAND ok, 10.7 EmuNAND ok. No content.
N3DS = also completely empty, no content transferred shows, and NNID was NOT auto linked from transfer. Attempted to manually link NNID in 10.7 EmuNAND, logged in and linked ok, but none of the content showed up.

Pulled out SD Card from N3DS and there WAS an 11.0GB folder in there, but it refuses to load in any manner. So I still have the files, but I can't seem to get the N3DS to load them at all. If I straight up copy the folder into the new structure on N3DS, nothing appears. If I log into eShop, it tells me my save area is corrupt and needs to wipe my SD Card.

Only thing I can think of.. unlink NNID from N3DS, link O3DS to NNID again, restore EmuNAND backup on O3DS, and try again? :\

O3DS has a 16GB card, N3DS has a 64GB card, so I don't want to use the old card, wanting to use the new SD Card in N3DS.

Is there an easier way to save this situation?

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Alright, I think I might have done goofed this one pretty bad.. maybe there's still hope?

I had a O3DS setup with CakesFW EmuNAND on 10.7, linked to my NNID.

Just bought a N3DS and got CakesFW EmuNAND set up ok, updated to 10.7, not linked to any NNID.

Attempted to use official System Transfer to move stuff from O3DS -> N3DS, WITHOUT keeping same SD Card, and did the wireless transfer, no PC involved.

After probably a billion hours, both screens indicated finished, however the N3DS wanted a reboot, which rebooted and sent me back in sysNAND, which resulted in crash/error.

However the O3DS (source system) indicated all was well and would only let me wipe the SD Card to proceed, stupidly I did thinking maybe it was necessary to allow N3DS to use NNID.

So here I am now:
O3DS = completely empty and wiped. Still has 9.2 SysNAND ok, 10.7 EmuNAND ok. No content.
N3DS = also completely empty, no content transferred shows, and NNID was NOT auto linked from transfer. Attempted to manually link NNID in 10.7 EmuNAND, logged in and linked ok, but none of the content showed up.

Pulled out SD Card from N3DS and there WAS an 11.0GB folder in there, but it refuses to load in any manner. So I still have the files, but I can't seem to get the N3DS to load them at all. If I straight up copy the folder into the new structure on N3DS, nothing appears. If I log into eShop, it tells me my save area is corrupt and needs to wipe my SD Card.

Only thing I can think of.. unlink NNID from N3DS, link O3DS to NNID again, restore EmuNAND backup on O3DS, and try again? :\

O3DS has a 16GB card, N3DS has a 64GB card, so I don't want to use the old card, wanting to use the new SD Card in N3DS.

Is there an easier way to save this situation?
You can't link the NNID to the o3DS, the only way to move a NNID is with system transfer and you can't system transfer from a n3DS to a o3DS.
You will have to open eShop and let it wipe what it needs to, then you should at least be able to redownload your purchased content. Back up the Nintendo 3DS folder first, and maybe the save data can still be used after redownloading your titles, I wouldn't count on it however.

sTo0z

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You can't link the NNID to the o3DS, the only way to move a NNID is with system transfer and you can't system transfer from a n3DS to a o3DS.
You will have to open eShop and let it wipe what it needs to, then you should at least be able to redownload your purchased content. Back up the Nintendo 3DS folder first, and maybe the save data can still be used after redownloading your titles, I wouldn't count on it however.
There's really only 3 or so games I care about really for my save data. Can I restore emuNAND backup on O3DS, extract save, then inject save on N3DS? I'd also love to save my progress/hats from the Mii Plaza titles as well if possible. :(

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
There's really only 3 or so games I care about really for my save data. Can I restore emuNAND backup on O3DS, extract save, then inject save on N3DS? I'd also love to save my progress/hats from the Mii Plaza titles as well if possible. :(
That should be possible. I'm unsure about Mii Plaza save data, but I think SaveDataFiler should be able to back it up.

sTo0z

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well, I was able to restore my O3DS and extract saves, then inject to N3DS after re-downloading my purchases on N3DS from eShop... Sadly I was not able to find any solution for my Mii Plaza/hat data. :'(

Guess I'll have to re-earn that stuff the hard way, no big deal, was mostly after my game saves. PHEW!

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I was able to restore my O3DS and extract saves, then inject to N3DS after re-downloading my purchases on N3DS from eShop... Sadly I was not able to find any solution for my Mii Plaza/hat data. :'(

Guess I'll have to re-earn that stuff the hard way, no big deal, was mostly after my game saves. PHEW!

Yesterday someone told me to try JK's Save Manager to move my Mii Plaza saves from my sysnand to my emunand (I formatted the emunand rather than the sysnand originally) and it worked very well. https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-jks-savemanager-homebrew-cia-save-manager.413143/

Not sure if it'll work from one system to a different one but worth a shot. Look under "System titles", "Streetpass Mii Plaza" and export save data, extdata, and boss extdata (it may hang on the last one for a bit, just let it run). Try to move those over to the n3DS (move the files from one SD to the other) and try to reimport them. Again, may hang on the boss extdata a bit. Give it a shot!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Had two cheeseburgers and a coke to fuel me up.