o3DS 9.2 unable to dump SysNAND, unable to launch any CFW (only MiniPasta works)

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by xXDungeon_CrawlerXx, Jun 26, 2016.

1. xXDungeon_CrawlerXx
    OP

xXDungeon_CrawlerXx GBAtemp Maniac

Jul 29, 2015
    Liverpool
    Hey Guys,

a firned of mine downgraded his o3DS to 9.2 with SafeSysUpdater.
    He has MenuHax installed and has CubicNinja with Ninjhax.

Now he asked me for help but I'm unable to get this shit to work.
    Wanted to install A9LH on his o3DS but I'm unable to create a NAND Update using Decrypt9 or EmuNAND9 using MenuHax or NinjHax.

I redownloaded the 9.2.0-20E FULL Cia Pack again, put them on SD Card and downloaded the newest SafeSysUpdater.
    After many tries, SafeSysUpdater finally started a second Downgrade Process.
    The downgrade was successfully but We're still unable to launch any CFW besides MiniPasta.
    Downgrade Check gave me the following output:
    what can we do to get this shitty o3ds to work with CFW?
    How can we get EmuNAND9/Decrypt9 to work?
    We only get "could not create NAND.bin!
    Dump SysNAND to file: failed!"

2. shipwreck5

shipwreck5 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 15, 2015
    Home... Probably
    try dumping using the gateway launcher and the browser exploit. it doesn't need a the gateway card and works well. i think (actually I'm almost 100% sure) that it has to with homebrew payload where it might be running a version that doesn't allow such privileges. try redownloading the starter kit from http://smealum.github.io/3ds/ .

3. ishygdaft

ishygdaft A mystery wrapped in an enigma

Jun 20, 2016
    United States
    Correct me if I'm wrong but gateway nand dumps don't work with anything but the gateway launcher right? Might not be the best idea to use it, if you get in a pinch and want to use, say, emunand9.

When you launch emunand9 you're on sysnand right? If it's above 9.2 you won't have proper kernel access.

Last edited by ishygdaft, Jun 26, 2016
  4. shipwreck5

shipwreck5 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 15, 2015
    Home... Probably
    afaik all dumps are the same just that emunand9 can make a special dump that only dumps the used space without the unused space. the gateway dumps are completely normal and as i proof i bricked my 3ds twice and was able to restore it with my gateways dump using a hard mod.

5. ishygdaft

ishygdaft A mystery wrapped in an enigma

Jun 20, 2016
    United States
    I see, I've got an old gateway dump from half a year ago, long before I hacked anything. Good to know that's viable.