Gaming o-o Win32/cmdow, what is this?

Aijelsop

Question Asker
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only thing I've done in the past day (since last scan) is install vmware player and download Ubuntu 11.04 and TinyXP. I just did a scan of TinyXP because I scan EVERYTHING I download, even if it's a txt file. And when MSE opened it said "Potentially Unprotected"

After scanning TinyXP it showed this file: Win32/cmdow but I'm sure it was there before I scanned TinyXP. What is this file? Is it bad?

pnIFp.png

Aijelsop

Question Asker
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I looked at the history, and it turns out it was in the .iso, but the torrent was trusted, had multiple seeders, and was uploaded by eXPer1ence, none of his/her file's are bad, (TinyXP, TinyVista, Tiny7, etc)

D

Deleted_171835

Technical Information (Analysis)

Tool:Win32/Cmdow is a command line tool that can be used to hide windows.

This tool can be used to move, resize, rename, hide, show, disable, enable, minimize, maximize, restore, activate, close, or kill windows.

These actions can be performed without the affected user's knowledge or consent.[/p]
It's not malicious in itself but it can be used maliciously. You should be fine.

Aijelsop said:
I looked at the history, and it turns out it was in the .iso, but the torrent was trusted, had multiple seeders, and was uploaded by eXPer1ence, none of his/her file's are bad, (TinyXP, TinyVista, Tiny7, etc)
It's part of the operating system. It's okay.

Aijelsop

Question Asker
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
soulx said:
Technical Information (Analysis)

Tool:Win32/Cmdow is a command line tool that can be used to hide windows.

This tool can be used to move, resize, rename, hide, show, disable, enable, minimize, maximize, restore, activate, close, or kill windows.

These actions can be performed without the affected user's knowledge or consent.[/p]
It's not malicious in itself but it can be used maliciously. You should be fine.

Aijelsop said:
It's part of the operating system. It's okay.

Cool, thanks.
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I feel like I spent the night with Ancientboi +1