Nyko Wand+ USB support

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by WiiHoney, Jul 12, 2010.

Jul 12, 2010

Nyko Wand+ USB support by WiiHoney at 1:19 PM (1,583 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. WiiHoney
    OP

Member WiiHoney GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I picked one last week, i cant get it to display the mouse (hand) in the cfgloader, Wiiflow, Uloader or USBLoader.

I can use the right and lift to switch screen but i dont have option to pick any game. (hand is missing)

I would like to substitute my wiimote for the Nyko wand+

Any suggestions?

thanks

2. cacildo

Member cacildo Went and came back

Bahamas, The
    Well, not suggestions per se, but i can tell that something similar happened to me

- Last christmas my girlfriend bought a wii. Usb loaders werent font of the wiimote that came with it. In fact, it showed inverted controls (when she pointed Up, the hand were going down)
    After some time the issue just vanished. I dont remember if we did something or time took care of it.

- I bought an pirate wiimote+nunchuck from Dealextreme. U$12 the set. It works pretty fine, more than 6 months later. However, usb loaders have a serious problem with the nunchuck. If i try an usb loader with wiimote+nunchuck, the cursor on screen gets sloopy, frame-by-frame hard to control. Just unplug the pirate nunchuck and all works fine.

I guess this info wont be of any help, but who knows?

3. Supercool330

Member Supercool330 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    3rd party wiimotes and shells don't currently work with homebrew because of some problems in libogc (which is the underlying library for all wii hombrew). It should be fix in svn rev4063 which hasn't been pushed to a release yet. If you want, you could try recompiling the source for whatever with the latest svn-rev of libogc and it might fix it, but updating a program to compile with the latest svn-rev can take a little modification.

4. WiiHoney
    OP

Member WiiHoney GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Thanks for the quick reply, i understand that there is no fix for the Nyko Wand+ or Nyko products at this time with HB apps

Once the wand+ (as a 3rd party) gain more popularity...then maybe we will see a solution...but for now i will stick with the OEM hardware...again i welcome any suggestions

5. yuyuyup

Member yuyuyup GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    Nyko wand SUCKS, throw it in the garbage. But before you do that, test the IR lag for yourself; just hold the wand and official wii remote together in 1 hand and move the hand cursor around in the wii menu. God awful lag. Pitch it.