Hardware Nyko to show new peripheral at e3

awssk8er

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Anyway, case closed. It's an arcade controller.
http://pressreleases...s/e3-2012/#nyko

Not sure about that

Nyko will unveil a wide range of brand new products at E3 2012 including: an arcade-style controller for a console, Nyko’s first controller for a non-console/non-handheld system, an improved version of a 1st party’s handheld accessory, and brand new Yo Gabba Gabba! branded items.

It could also be the bit in bold, the first controller mentioned - an arcade-style controller for a console - could be for any console, the second - Nyko’s first controller for a non-console/non-handheld system- is not for a console or a handheld, so thats possibly a phone based one, which still leave, IMHO the 3DS accessory as yet un-revealed, altough it would have to be an accessory that is already in existance, just an improved version of it.

Edit - looks like a few people posted a reply to that at the same time :)

Edit - Edit - If it was an Improved CPP with built in speakers, rumble and battery, we would all be right and could live together again in peace and harmony
Sounds like a Circle Pad Pro to me...

I'm not expecting much, but hopefully it's just a smaller CPP. That's all I'm asking for. They'll probably ruin it by adding grips and all sorts of things to make it look terrible.

The Milkman

GBATemp's Official Asshat Milkman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You know your thread is going bad when Janthran make more then 4 posts and actually gets responses. (B-U-R-N!) But seriously. Its going to be a new CPP. Stop with all the stupid solar fan and toaster posts. They aren't funny. Like. AT ALL.

Reactions: 2 people

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
http://m.engadget.com/default/article.do?artUrl=http://www.engadget.com/2012/06/05/nyko-power-grip-pro-3ds/&category=classic&postPage=1

It's a battery extender + CPP

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

TripleSMoon

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm saying the slide pad will be better place where it is, if they are doing 3ds to wii u connectivity.
I can't imagine HOW that's better, ESPECIALLY for Wii U connectivity. And if they don't enable multiple Wii U gamepads, I hope to GOD they just release a 3DS revision with the built-in dual analog, and dont expect us to use that horrible CPP abomination just for Wii U connectivity. I would seriously pay an extra $100 for another Wii U gamepad before I use the 3DS with a CPP for connectivity.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't imagine HOW that's better, ESPECIALLY for Wii U connectivity. And if they don't enable multiple Wii U gamepads, I hope to GOD they just release a 3DS revision with the built-in dual analog, and dont expect us to use that horrible CPP abomination just for Wii U connectivity. I would seriously pay an extra $100 for another Wii U gamepad before I use the 3DS with a CPP for connectivity.
CPP OVER the lower right corner

While it may make it centered (which I'm not sure if they even can), the controls will be off coming to the wii u since the wii u anolog stick isn't in the lower right corner. That all I'm saying.

TripleSMoon

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
While it may make it centered (which I'm not sure if they even can), the controls will be off coming to the wii u since the wii u anolog stick isn't in the lower right corner. That all I'm saying.
Have you ever played a game on PS3, and then played on its 360 counterpart, or vice versa? I have, and there's basically the same "problem" you describe here (except it's with the left sticks, instead of the right sticks). Personally, I never had any issue with that. And considering how the Wii U controller is the first major controller to have the right analog over the action buttons, most people are still going to be intuitively used to the "right stick under the buttons" set up, anyway.

The Milkman

GBATemp's Official Asshat Milkman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You know your thread is going bad when Janthran make more then 4 posts and actually gets responses. (B-U-R-N!) But seriously. Its going to be a new CPP. Stop with all the stupid solar fan and toaster posts. They aren't funny. Like. AT ALL.
You know, you don't need to be so mean.
Eh, your right. I felt like being a jackass yesterday anyway :P

Reactions: 1 person

lostdwarf

Trophies
Website
www.rockstarleeds.com
XP
Country
You know, you don't need to be so mean.
Eh, your right. I felt like being a jackass yesterday anyway :P

Classic.

It's a CPP but they forgot to put in the rumble and wormlight and magnifying glass. major fail. jk

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjK2lPBzGzo