Nyko Power Pak, your DSTwo, and YOU

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by 9th_Sage, Apr 18, 2011.

Apr 18, 2011
  1. 9th_Sage
    OP

Member 9th_Sage GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    I just thought some people might like the warning so they don't scare themselves like I did. Either the Power Pak battery goes is supposed to screw down much tighter than the default 3DS back or it's easy to overtighten it, but I screwed it down hard enough to where my DSTwo barely went in and wouldn't come out. I found I had to loosen the screws slightly to get a good fit and still have the card pop out. It's on securely, even with them loosened somewhat. I didn't notice it with a normal game pak.

Just making a note of it. [​IMG]

*edit*
    On second thought....should this be in the Supercard section? I suppose it could be in either. I'll let a mod decide.

2. CherrySkitty

Member CherrySkitty GBAtemp Regular

Costa Rica
    I think it's ok if this thread remains here xD. We're talking about the DSTwo AND the 3DS =3. Thanks for the warning!

3. haddad

Member haddad GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Canada
    Yep, thanks for the warning [​IMG] Hope not everybody experience's this [​IMG]

4. DiscostewSM

Member DiscostewSM GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    Hmm, thanks for the heads up.

5. 9th_Sage
    OP

Member 9th_Sage GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    Other than that, I've no complaints. I've played a few hours on the GBA emulator and the SNES emulator of the DSTwo with the CPU cranked up (screen brightness of 4 and wireless on) and it hasn't even registered the battery level as having gone down at all yet (played Riviera: The Promised Land and The Violinist of Hameln respectively, if anyone is wondering).

6. Haleakala

Newcomer Haleakala Newbie

United States
    I noticed the same after installing the nyko power pack on my 3ds. The card slot on my 3ds definitly took on a concave shape, preventing a smooth load and eject only noticeable with my supercard dstwo [​IMG]. Loosening the screws did help a bit to relieve the problem, but there is still some resistance.

7. nathancnc

Member nathancnc GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Has anyone a solution to this, I also loosened the screws, but my DSTWO still has a lot od resistance going in and out with the PowerPak+