This could be you!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.frogmanreviews.com
XP
Country
Nyko.jpg

Nyko has two 3DS accessories coming out on launch day. One is this Power Pak+, which they say will double the battery life of your Nintendo 3DS. It also features finger rests for gaming comfort. The MSRP on this is $19.99. You're going to want that with all the Street Pass functionality this system has.

A week later they're bringing out a Charge Base. This will allow drop-in charging for your new Power Pak+. Each charge base actually comes with the Power Pak+, so no need to buy separately. The Charge Base package will cost $29.99.

Note that both items use the standard Nintendo 3DS charger for recharging. See both items in our gallery below..[/p]

icon11.gif
Source

Cool
smile.gif
I want one

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Eh, old.

BUT...

I'm surprised Nyko actually came out with something that I want, looks stylish, and is cheap. Just another reason for my mind to be convinced to pick up a 3DS instead of not getting one.

cwstjdenobs

Sodomy non sapiens
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Lubbo said:
Rockym said:
Is this authorized by Nintendo? Or will they brick my 3DS if use one of these?

lol, no mate it wont brick your console

Yeah,, Ninty will when you update, it'll show up on the logs as "NykoPiratePak", the only reason you have to want longer battery life is for your flashcarts. :troll:

Eerpow

*swoosh*
Trophies
XP
Country
So to clear things up for those who are confused, this is a battery pack that replaces the entire backplate of the system which means that it also increases the size of the system since it's a lot thicker than the 3DS backplate. System size is one of the reasons Nintendo them selfs didn't
add a longer lasting battery to the 3DS.
The original Nintendo charging cradle isn't shaped like Nyko's bigger backplate so that's why Nyko's releasing their own. And the cable that plugs into the Nintendo cradle/3DS does also work with Nyko's cradle.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Eerpow said:
So to clear things up for those who are confused, this is a battery pack that replaces the entire backplate of the system which means that it also increases the size of the system since it's a lot thicker than the 3DS backplate. System size is one of the reasons Nintendo them selfs didn't
add a longer lasting battery to the 3DS.
The original Nintendo charging cradle isn't shaped like Nyko's bigger backplate so that's why Nyko's releasing their own. And the cable that plugs into the Nintendo cradle/3DS does also work with Nyko's cradle.

Which is great news for me (im referring to the added size/bulk)

raybattousai

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I love Nyko, they've made a lot of my favorite 3rd party accessories over the years, but after a mishap I had with a wiimote charger I'm afraid to stick 3rd party battery packs into my electronics. See I had this set of two wiimote batteries an a base charger for them and what happened was the batteries fried the wiimotes, even melted and left burn marks on the inside of the wiimote. The product was made by some company called Psyclone NOT NYKO, but after that experience I'm just kind of paranoid of it happening again...
unsure.gif

Schlupi

Gbatemp's Official Earthbound Maniac™
Trophies
Website
Starmen.net
XP
Country
United States
Lubbo said:
Rockym said:

Yeah. but if you call for a repair and tell them you used this thing they WILL say it voided your warranty. Using 3rd party tools...

shakirmoledina

Legend
Trophies
Website
vfootball.co.nf
XP
Country
Tanzania
if i get an opportunity to get this i will getit but i wonder if u can find it in aus (dont expect it now since it has not come out yet in aus)
nintendo would be super unhappy with these things like someone said his screen protectors were removed when he sen it (from some issue) to nintendo.
Nintendo might remove this if the 3ds has a hardware issue OR they may not accept it at all

D

Deleted User

Yup, and that unit ain't big at all! I'm just going to run to the shop and buy myself a replacement battery with 5200mAh

gokujr1000

Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
I'm going to buy one when I get my 3DS later this year. I honestly don't care about the battery making the console bigger because I'm not going to take it with me everywhere I go 3/4 of the time it will stay at my Home unless I'm going to travel.

epicCreations.or

Trophies
Website
whalecakes.com
XP
Country
United States
Schlupi said:
Lubbo said:
Rockym said:

Yeah. but if you call for a repair and tell them you used this thing they WILL say it voided your warranty. Using 3rd party tools...

It's just a battery. All you'd need to do is swap out the battery pack with the original before you call them up
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte