Hardware Nyko Power Pack + charging station

EphenSteve

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok amazon says april 30th is the release for this bad boy BUT since i work at best buy i get to know shit a lot faster. SO CHECK your best buy if you have one around you. Before i got the battery i played till the battery died about 20 times and it died around the same time everytime which was roughly 2 hours and idk around 20 mins. Now i dont know if the new battery gives double the battery life but it does allow for a lot longer than i would normally play a console for which is ideal for me. My best buy discount was amazing i got the 29.99USD battery+charging station for 18.87 thats including the tax. =D JUST BE CAREFUL not to use the mini screwdriver they supply cause it sucks ass and i striped a screw to a full circle and had to drill it out of my ds which turned into a bigger hole which i put super hard epoxy in and then made a new screw slot XD. RECOMMENDED.

Donald Serrot

Trophies
Website
3dporch.com
XP
Country
United States
Yup, I saw that they were available on Best Buy' site for delivery to my store. I printed up the pages to double check with someone there, walked over to the 3DS stuff and saw it actually had a spot there already, so I'm thinking this weekend after I get payed I'ma be taking another trip to Best Buy and getting one myself.

EphenSteve

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i know i may be overreacting a bit but batterylife is a must have for me and the more i can get im down (minus those stupid power braclets) and another thing i didnt say is that the expansion of the bottom is very nice for people with bigger hands or long fingers or even people that have bad hands. it feels *more* natural i guess? lets just say it feels a lot better and i didnt think id like it so much. and the charging docks lights are pretty cool.

Power Button = Blue when on
Charing Lights = Red when charging and an illuminating Green when fully charged. it looks great.

aiRWaLKRe

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I like the kit. Gives great battery life
smile.gif
The only thing I don't like is that my natural skin oils seem to make the battery cause a small smell to happen, on my fingers that hold on to the back of the 3ds, and not my thumbs cause they are hitting the buttons and don't hold the battery. Its not sweat cause I don't sweat on my fingers while playing games, but I do easily leave finger prints cause of my skin oils.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EphenSteve said:
JUST BE CAREFUL not to use the mini screwdriver they supply cause it sucks ass and i striped a screw to a full circle and had to drill it out of my ds which turned into a bigger hole which i put super hard epoxy in and then made a new screw slot XD. RECOMMENDED.
Really? Well that not good. :/

QUOTE(aiRWaLKRe @ Apr 17 2011, 09:58 PM) I like the kit. Gives great battery life
smile.gif
The only thing I don't like is that my natural skin oils seem to make the battery cause a small smell to happen, on my fingers that hold on to the back of the 3ds, and not my thumbs cause they are hitting the buttons and don't hold the battery. Its not sweat cause I don't sweat on my fingers while playing games, but I do easily leave finger prints cause of my skin oils.

Quite strange. :/

aiRWaLKRe

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
KingVamp said:
aiRWaLKRe said:
I like the kit. Gives great battery life
smile.gif

Quite strange. :/

Yeah my body is weird
smile.gif
Its not very bad smell at all. Just a faint one. I cant say what it smells like but its not bad

EphenSteve

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i just played for a couple hours straight and i dot smell anything. but i have a nice aromatic hand sanitizer with a hint of lavender so that could be doing the magic lol.

FluffyLunamoth

Still a Touhou Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got this as well. I just wish the battery was less slidey. Maybe a bit rougher to the touch. Makes the entire thing nicer to hold after being so used to the XL.

EphenSteve

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
agreed, i wish it wasnt made out of a plastic rubber compound and more of a wicker basket type material? maybe likeeeeeeeeee carbon fiber looking plastic so its a little rougher? bah a girl could dream
happy.gif

gumbyx84

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Picked up the battery and charger pack at EB/GS last Thursday. Love that little battery pack. I've played maybe a total of 2 hours (been busy) and the battery pack just ticket down one bar. The rubberized bottom makes it easier for me to hold as well. Almost wish it was a bit thicker as my hands are used to the XL (very large hands). Talked a friend of mine into getting it. He hasn't installed it yet, but I'm sure he will love it as well.

Donald Serrot

Trophies
Website
3dporch.com
XP
Country
United States
I have a long car trip in about a month and a plane ride across the country this summer, I'm looking forward to how well this battery hold up for those trips.
yaynds.gif

gumbyx84

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When you get back, post how it went. I'm going to Anime Boston this weekend and I'm hoping the battery will last me to the end of the con.

EphenSteve

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you can go into best buy and ask them to ship it. i work there so i should know XD if the best buy near you doesnt have them maybe another store does. there is always BestBuy.com

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended