NYC, US release of Spaced, and me.

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by WildWon, Jul 22, 2008.

Jul 22, 2008
  1. WildWon
    OP

Former Staff WildWon EXTERMINATE!

United States
    Today, in NYC (3 hours from where i'm currently living/working), Edgar Wright, Simon Pegg and Jessica Hynes are getting set up for a Q&A and Signing for the release of the Region 1 release of Spaced. We, in the USA have not had a legal version of Spaced yet, due to copyright problems with the music used in the show (for the most part... i don't know the ins-and-outs, but thats a short version of what i've read). Its finally here, and i'm picking it up tonight (been watching it for years via DivX, just got the Region 2 dvds from ebay a few months back) and i can't wait for a REAL copy.

Anyhoo, i would not be posting right now, due to being in NYC... had i :

A. Heard about this EVEN yesterday... i'd be there now.

or

B. Would not have a wife that would castrate me for taking a half day and going. And its not even because she'd think its a horrible idea... its because there is NO way she could leave work to go, and jealousy would cause a major rift which would end in my testicles being permanently removed, inserted into a blender and then have them introduced to the puree setting.

So, this is kind of a bitch, kind of a "poor me" kinda thing... and more so, just a way to get it out [​IMG]

Anyone else have a huge Spaced fetish that would cause them to NOT be able to work or concentrate on shit, if the three creators would be a couple of hours away, and you wouldn't be able to see them? (or how about any movie or show in general?)

Discuss.

p.s. sorry if this looks like its written by an 8 year old girl from 10 years ago talking about Hanson. Thats exactly how i'm feeling right now [​IMG]. If i'd have panties, they'd be thrown at Simon Pegg.

2. Commander

Member Commander GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Spaced is amazing enough said really. I highly recommend it to anyone, you can't beat British comedy, well the older stuff. The golden age of British comedy is dead.