Homebrew WIP nxmtp: access your SD Card over USB without rebooting

samorky

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hi guys, I been using nxmtp-900-hidfix for a while now, now something happen today when I open it the error come up..can someone please help me! photo_2020-08-19_18-10-10.jpg

averne

Trophies
XP
Country
France
nxmtp with a patch for 9.0.0 HID changes.
by CatOverflow
This is not open source homebrew, same as original nxmtp. Got this fix from his discord server.
But here is his github page for tinfoil mod release. https://github.com/coniventia
This is extremely trivial to patch (lol at "closed source patches").
Here's the info on how to do it: https://gist.github.com/averne/faa5bac706d027c342a6db1595455acf.
Lo and behold, "great" minds think alike:
upload_2020-8-19_13-7-56.png

mesmeriize

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you please post patched version? Is this still supported. It seems way better than the other mtp program. Any drawbacks?
I downloaded today for sx core and it worked fine. I downloaded their latest release from their github, not through here which was posted a couple months ago if I remember correctly

mikefor20

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I downloaded today for sx core and it worked fine. I downloaded their latest release from their github, not through here which was posted a couple months ago if I remember correctly

Cool. But what I am wondering is how come it's so much faster than mtp-server-nx.I much prefer this one. I am concerned that it's speed means something is wrong. Given the switch's.. "unique" standards I worry this could be causing corruption or something. Probably just better code. Also, why closed source? What 's behind the curtain? Sending personal info? Prod.info perhaps? LOL I Love a conspiracy. All my experiences are good though and it works much better then it's open sourced counterpart. So far..

Corgano

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm still using the old version (pink icon, no idea where it's from) and it seems to be the most stable. I've used a "hid patched" version on the past that would not exit (using it handheld, IDK what they "patched" in it) and went back to the old non-open sourced one

franklinyyz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Situation: I installed NXMTP to access Switch as a storage device on my PC. At first, I could see the device and the drives, but I wasn't able to write any files onto the SD card (i.e. the Paste function is greyed out). So I thought maybe updating the driver would help, and I ran Zadig to install ibusbK (v3.0.7.0). And now the Switch doesn't even show up in File Explorer anymore when I run Nxmtp.
PC still sees the device and I can still boot via payloader from it though.

Question: Is there any way I can restore the ability to see Switch as a storage device in Windows Explorer? Also, being able to write is also ideal.

Last edited by franklinyyz,

dangopig

Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Democratic Republic of the
Is this working for anyone else on firmware 11.0? I updated Atmosphere to 0.16 and the Switch to 11.0, and this suddenly stopped working. I get error 2168-0001 (0x2a8) every time I launch it.

I've been using the nxmtp-900-hidfix version.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is this working for anyone else on firmware 11.0? I updated Atmosphere to 0.16 and the Switch to 11.0, and this suddenly stopped working. I get error 2168-0001 (0x2a8) every time I launch it.

I've been using the nxmtp-900-hidfix version.

It need to be rebuild with the latest libnx

Please Note: 11.0.0 introduced breaking changes to the usb system module's usb:ds API.
  • Homebrew which uses the usb:ds service should rebuild with the latest libnx version to support running on 11.0.0.

Reactions: peteruk

dangopig

Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Democratic Republic of the
It need to be rebuild with the latest libnx

Please Note: 11.0.0 introduced breaking changes to the usb system module's usb:ds API.
  • Homebrew which uses the usb:ds service should rebuild with the latest libnx version to support running on 11.0.0.

Is there a guide for this? If not, are there any alternative apps? My USB ports are hard to reach and it's a pain in the ass moving stuff to and from the SD card.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a guide for this? If not, are there any alternative apps? My USB ports are hard to reach and it's a pain in the ass moving stuff to and from the SD card.

You either wait for someone else to update it with the latest libnx, or rebuild it yourself if you are a developer.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: