WIP nxmtp: access your SD Card over USB without rebooting

Discussion in 'Switch - Emulation, Homebrew & Software Projects' started by liuervehc, Jan 13, 2019.

1. ZachyCatGames

ZachyCatGames GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jun 19, 2018
    United States
    Hell
    Yes, but there aren’t many things that use USB3 speeds anyways

2. Gee19

Gee19 Member

Newcomer
    Dec 30, 2018
    Canada
    The USB3 flag works fine with nxmtp

3. DollyWhipDoll

DollyWhipDoll Royalty & Unbothered. LMFAO!!! ;)

May 18, 2018
    United States
    Had an issue were nxmtp, instantly, closed right after I opened it. I deleted it from my micro sd, re-added it, and it functioned.

4. JJTapia19

JJTapia19 I fight for my friends.

May 31, 2015
    Puerto Rico
    Sounds like you're using exFAT.

5. xitpu

xitpu Member

Newcomer
    Oct 14, 2008
    United States
    after several times I used nxmtp,
    yesterday I had my sd (exfat) card corrupted...I was copying a lot of files while it crash
    I had to format and reinstall atmosphere and games
    Unfortunately is the usual exfat issue..

6. DollyWhipDoll

May 18, 2018
    United States
    Really wanted to keep my exFAT rebel thing going, until I remembered I've been using this 64gb FAT32 {where i experienced this issue} card I found laying around until I get around to reformatting my bigger card.

7. peteruk

peteruk GBAtemp Addict

Jun 26, 2015
    Going to try again in asking for help, please :)

I had this running perfectly with no issues whatsoever. I made 2 changes to my system, the first was going to a larger card and formatting it fat32 (the old one was exfat), the second thing was I installed Zadig for using sx server which told me to install the driver libusbk

Ever since these 2 changes I have major problems with this (my favorite app). I can connect and have the window open in windows 10, I can access the sd card and transfer tiny files, anything large say 650mb it stops at around 160mb each time and hangs for a while until it times out.

Things I've tried.... uninstalled libusbk driver that Zadig installed, uninstalled the usb drivers and usb ports within windows and allowed windows to reinstall the hardware. Re Downloading the app several times in case there was a problem with mine.

None of these things has fixed the problem.. this problem occurs in both Atmosphere and SXOS

Below is a screenshot of what windows 10 tells me the current installed driver is

upload_2019-3-7_16-12-37.

Could somebody please offer me some advice ?

Thank you

8. DollyWhipDoll

May 18, 2018
    United States
    Have to say, this has become 1 of my favorite homebrews, ever. The number of times I took my other micro sd card out before this was ridiculous.

Thank you, again, OP!

ecesar and hippy dave like this.
  9. prodigalson

prodigalson Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 7, 2018
    United States
    Unfortunately this isn't working for me on MacOS Mojave 10.14.3 with Android File Transfer. It just says "No Android Device Found" when running nxmtp.

10. AnalogMan

AnalogMan ultraSuMoFramework Dev

Apr 20, 2007
    United States
    Make sure you run it from the album applet and not from an installed NSP.

11. righi

righi Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 27, 2019
    Brazil
    I had the same problem couple of nights ago. Updating windows solved my problem.

peteruk likes this.
  12. icefox

icefox Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 16, 2018
    United States
    I tried all three ways of running it (album, sxos, NSP replacement), the issue randomly pops up at every method. Sometimes it works sometimes not. It's very annoying

13. Phenj

Phenj GBAtemp Fan

May 22, 2018
    Italy
    why is this called "Abort" now

14. stick267

stick267 GBAtemp Fan

Dec 17, 2018
    United States
    That's just the name of the release. If you go to the main page it's still called nxmtp.

15. frostii

frostii GBAtemp Regular

Jun 24, 2009
    United States
    Brisbane, Australia
    Hi all,
    Given that this (awesome) app only allows file transfers up to 4GB, what is the best way to transfer files greater than this to the SD card (without removing the card from the Switch)?
    I use this app all the time, but found the only way to copy YCW.xci across was to switch off, remove sd card, copy onto card, reinsert sd card, boot up.
    First world problems.... ;)

16. stick267

stick267 GBAtemp Fan

Dec 17, 2018
    United States
    That's pretty much the only way to do it. You could use FTP but it would take hours.

Another option would be to use the Reboot to Payload homebrew to reboot to Hekate, remove your SD card while in Hekate, then put it back and launch your CFW. That way you wouldn't have to completely shut down your Switch and re-jig/re-payload. But it's still not an efficient option imo.

nanchan and frostii like this.
  17. Philliyxx

Philliyxx GBAtemp Regular

Sep 21, 2018
    United States
    Tinfoil/lithium can do USB installs. NSC builder can split the files into parts and you can transfer the parts one by one.

frostii likes this.
  18. DollyWhipDoll
    This message by DollyWhipDoll has been removed from public view by Quantumcat, Apr 3, 2019, Reason: Requested.
    Apr 3, 2019
  19. naddel81

naddel81 GBAtemp Addict

Dec 14, 2009
    United States
    So sad this is dead. Could have been the best way of moving files. Now we have to use buggy ftpd again.

Gesendet von meinem Redmi Note 4 mit Tapatalk

20. Hayato213

Hayato213 GBAtemp Psycho!

Dec 26, 2015
    United States
    If the OP no longer support it anymore and if someone wants to take over the project they can, they would give the OP credit for their work on the project and forked it over to their github.

21. hippy dave

hippy dave BBMB

Apr 30, 2012
    United Kingdom
    It's closed source (the github just has the readme and a release). Still works tho afaik?