NXMP Nintendo Switch Media Player

nxmp-banner.jpg

NXMP is an open-source Nintendo Switch media player based on MPV and FFMPEG, supporting a wide range of media file formats and codecs.
NXMP is coded by @proconsule54 and @darkxex

It support HTTP,FTP,SFTP,Samba,NFS streaming and it also support Enigma2 decoders. Starting from 0.7.0 Version it features HW Decoding for H264,HEVC,VP9,VP8,MPEG2 up to 4K HDR@30fps

NXMP it's on early versions and active dev state so expect any kind of bugs, anyways it's fully functional and tested before every release

Project repository|Stable Build
Stable: v0.9.0

Features:
  • HW Decoding (since v0.7.0) for (H264,HEVC,VP9,VP8,MPEG2)
  • Extense support of media file formats and codecs, including audio too as well​
  • Touch and controller support, control the MP as you want​
  • Video deinterlace support
  • Advanced image settings, configure the brightness and color options, change aspect ratio and rotate the screen​
  • Custom subtitles, you can configure options like color, text size and position to your preferences​
  • Full sound EQ, allow adjust the sound equalizer to your preferences, you can define presets too​
  • Chapters navigator with titles support​
  • Selector of Video/Audio/Subtitle tracks during play​
  • Playlist queue, allow to enque desired files on a playlist for non-stop play​
  • Resume play, you can continue your videos where you previusly stop it​
  • Watch status, watched videos are marked as green on file explorer​
  • Shadermania, you can apply any shader compatible with MPV to NXMP​

Media sources supported:
  • Nintendo Switch SD Card
  • USB drive attached to dock or Switch with USB C adapter (FAT, NTFS and EXT4, up to 32 drives)
  • HTTP/S files through network
  • FTP and SFTP files
  • Samba (SMB) files shared throught network
  • NFS
  • Enigma2 (allow to view TV channel from satellite decoders compatible with this protocol)

Screenshoots:

2021110300034400.jpg2021110300031500.jpg2021110300032100.jpg2021110300023000.jpg

Post here any kind of bug/suggestions.
Enjoy!

Thanks to libusbhsfs https://github.com/DarkMatterCore/libusbhsfs for USB drives support
Thanks to @averne for HW Decoding FFMpeg! and for many many hints
Thanks to @bodyXY for the banner and the icons!
Thanks to @Godorowski for player UI design and releated icons
Thanks to @Chocola for beta testing a player guide

Last edited by proconsule54,

TheRocK

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Having a large FTP (many subfolders) halts scrolling through or just crashes the app. Also starting a playback through FTP takes roughly 30 seconds while with the pplay fork5 it starts instantly.

Reactions: proconsule54

proconsule54

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Having a large FTP (many subfolders) halts scrolling through or just crashes the app. Also starting a playback through FTP takes roughly 30 seconds while with the pplay fork5 it starts instantly.

i am rewriting all the browsing code, will fix this and any other issue on browsing.
working hard to bring an updated version as soon as possible

pplay browsing code is very good, the one here in nxmp wasn't that good but i am improving it.

proconsule54

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Good, all stuff is done and working, i am proud of the usb implementation that seems working good and with some unique features.

All the bugs reported seems gone, and the initial browsing path for sdcard is added also.

I decided to not add any extra feature other than usb and initial path to speedup a release that i wish it will be stable as possible. Once all is rock solid i will add other things from the todo list starting from track selection.

Now i am testing all to ensure that no major issue is presesent and i will make a release

Enjoy :D

nWo

The Game Master
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Mexico
Hi! I have been a user of PPlay from day 1 and I just tried your player.

It is very very good, it is going to be, I think, even better than Pplay but!! some things I noticed:

-The interface is not so friendly. I did not understand how to put on subtitles, for example.
-I could not minimize a playing video, like in Pplay so you can search other things while the video is playing on a small window.
-Once a video is running, you need to stop it to do another thing, I think that a couple of side menu bars like Pplay would be awesome, instead of putting over all the menu on the screen.

Just my two cents. I really like your job and will be on the look out for every update to test it. It already runs videos better.

Thank you and keep it up!!!

proconsule54

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Thanks @nWo
The interface is not so friendly. I did not understand how to put on subtitles, for example.

Yes i know it, i will improve it. Tracks selection is not present at the moment is in the TODO list.

-I could not minimize a playing video, like in Pplay so you can search other things while the video is playing on a small window
It can be useful so i will implement for sure in future versions.

Reactions: nWo

proconsule54

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Are you sure you shared the most up to date compiled version on github? The version isn't bumped to 0.2.0, the USB icon is blank and the start path config doesn't work.
i have to check, i complied 1000 version yesterday and was late night....
Checking now!

Fgamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Updated the file with the right one, thanks @Fgamer for finding out the error.
Was late night for me (very late) and i made an error!

https://github.com/proconsule/nxmp/releases/tag/v0.2.0
Enjoy

Much better! Small bug for you: if you enter the USB menu without a drive connected the homebrew will freeze and crash.

Edit: actually that's the same bug for USB, Network and Enigma2 menus. If you don't have them set up then entering those menus causes a crash.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: (cocks 12 gauge with virginity-maintaining intent)