Homebrew NXMP Nintendo Switch Media Player

Kyoka

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Morocco
Having the same issue, .srt's aren't there when browsing files, I'ld like to add external subtitles to the video, but it doesn't seem like it is possible.
idk what subtitles are supported , i love the app but it's not worth without subtitles support

VDDZ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've had some hit out miss results with my subtitles, I'm thinking it has to do with the file names being to long or crazy. Haven't put it to the test tho

Reactions: proconsule54

DarkMatterCore

I like turtles.
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Spain
Yes, since NXMP is based on MPV and mpv default load external subtitle that match EXACT the movie file name

also NXMP can use the mpv.conf file for adding custom rules
Yeah, this is something I remember from my previous experience with NXMP while I was in Bogotá. Great work, btw.

Kyoka

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Morocco
i mean the subtitle's name is exactly the same , but i have to agree with u its super long , should i try a video with a short title?
I've had some hit out miss results with my subtitles, I'm thinking it has to do with the file names being to long or crazy. Haven't put it to the test tho

DarkMatterCore

I like turtles.
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Spain
so what should i do?
Make sure the SRT filename doesn't include the video file extension. Only the filenames should match, the extensions should be different. For example:

Code:
video1.srt
video1.mkv

Using long paths / filenames should be alright -- then again, this is also something I tested back when I was in Bogotá. I'm pretty sure UTF-8 codepoint handling in NXMP works properly because I played a Hikaru Utada concert which had a filename with japanese codepoints.

darkxex

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
MKV files that have embedded subtitles, most have ".Ass" type subtitles which already have predefined styles.

• I added that you can override the styles of the subtitles.
  • I added that you can change the size of the borders of the subtitles.

https://github.com/proconsule/nxmp/releases/tag/v0.6.1_Rev3_Nightly
-----------------------------------
Since the day the NXMP app was created, there was a bug where if you had "Touch Control" disabled, but you accidentally touched the screen, you lost the focus of the menu, you couldn't do anything anymore, until you restarted the app, this happened both in the main menu and in the options menu.
I fixed this today, (don't know if it's the right way) but now if the touch control is disabled, and you accidentally touch the screen, it will refocus the most recent window.

https://github.com/proconsule/nxmp/releases/tag/v0.6.1_Rev2_Nightly

Last edited by darkxex,

proconsule54

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Working on custom themes (user created)

custom-theme.pngcustom-theme1.png

This initial try will change icons (and font also)
more info will come soon

darkxex

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Your last commit, causes the app to close, do I need any extra files? @proconsule54
apparently the crash is related to the config.ini, when selecting the new theme, and pressing "Save", the next time you open the app, you will have a kernel crash. well, I guess it's because you're working on it. I was just going to let you know.

Last edited by darkxex,
General chit-chat
Help Users
    Dark_Phoras @ Dark_Phoras: What's the story, morning glory?